Throttle Miester

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IronHorse

Reaction score
Good Morning All,

I was just wondering who has the G2 & ThrottleMiester combo? I was just about to order the throttlemiester and wanted to make sure it

would work with the G2 tube?

Thank you,

Damon

G2? Do you mean Gen II? If so, I just put the TM on a couple of weeks ago. Works like a champ and really smoothed out the handlebar resonance too. I did not mind the handlebar vibration characteristics before I installed this mod, but it was noticeably better afterward. Coupling frequency of vibration was lower and amplitude/energy was lower too. Noticeable improvement. I'm riding with the standard size...not the larger size.

TM.jpg

Cheers,

W2

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning All,

I was just wondering who has the G2 & ThrottleMiester combo? I was just about to order the throttlemiester and wanted to make sure it

Thank you,

Damon
Hi Damon,

I installed the TM on my 08 AE and had no problems.

My model comes with heated grips which don't roll back as far as regular grips.

The instructions were quite clear about this and you must trim about a 1/4" off the friction sleeve.

Once this is done it's a matter of adjusting the distance between the sleeve and the TM.

When it works smoothly, carefully remove the bolt, apply Loctite on the threads and reassemble.

You'll love the relief on those long rides.

bigjimbiker

G2? Do you mean Gen II? If so, I just put the TM on a couple of weeks ago. Works like a champ and really smoothed out the handlebar resonance too. I did not mind the handlebar vibration characteristics before I installed this mod, but it was noticeably better afterward. Coupling frequency of vibration was lower and amplitude/energy was lower too. Noticeable improvement. I'm riding with the standard size...not the larger size.
TM.jpg

Cheers,

W2

Hi Wee Willy,

Like those grips. Do they roll on over the original or replace them?

Thanks, bigjimbiker

Hi Wee Willy,
Like those grips. Do they roll on over the original or replace them?

Thanks, bigjimbiker
Bigjim,

Those are Grip Puppies. Here is the thread I started to help decide if I'd put them on. Grip Puppy thread.

I've had 'em now for 3 weeks and they are working well. At first they took a bit getting used to. Holding the grip's like holding a Red Bull can sideways but I have pretty big hands and I find it works just fine.

Cheers,

W2

Willy,

I'm in Saugus right by Saugus high. We should get together for a ride one of these days.

Damon

Good Morning All,

Thank you,

Damon
Hi Damon,

I installed the TM on my 08 AE and had no problems.

My model comes with heated grips which don't roll back as far as regular grips.

The instructions were quite clear about this and you must trim about a 1/4" off the friction sleeve.

Once this is done it's a matter of adjusting the distance between the sleeve and the TM.

When it works smoothly, carefully remove the bolt, apply Loctite on the threads and reassemble.

You'll love the relief on those long rides.

bigjimbiker
You don't need to trim it. Just loosen the glue on the end of the grip and slide the friction sleeve in. You don't even have to roll back the grip.

I have an '07A model with the G2 throttle tube, throttlemiester and grip puppies and everything works well together. You didn't ask but in my opinion, I would save the money on the throttle tube and look elsewhere to tame throttle abruptness.

OBD

Hey Okie,

Thanks for your input I really appreciate it. I unwound the throttle return spring a couple of turns and that did help quite a bit but it still has a problem with abruptness that requires a portion of my concentration when riding around town. I went for a ride through the canyons over the weekend nothing crazy, but every time I roll back on the throttle I'm having to really concentrate my easing back into the throttle as slowly as possible. So I though the addition of the G2 and perhaps a Power Commander at some point down the road would do.

How did the G2 do for you?

Damon

Just my 0.02... I installed the TM on my genII (no heated grips) about two months ago and agree that it smoothes out any vibrations. Not that there were many to begin with. Frankly, I don't like it as well as thumb operated locks. I'm always messing up the throttle position a bit when I engage it so I have to readust the throttle position again. Never had this problem with the thumb style. Just flick the thumb and it holds the speed. I'm not going to take the TM off the bike, but I certainly don't use it as much as I want to.

Have you checked out Brake-a-way cruise control? Its the best on the market..made in Tigard, Oregon. I love mine!!

Have you checked out Brake-a-way cruise control? Its the best on the market..made in Tigard, Oregon. I love mine!!
I looked at this and it looks like a great setup but on the website they state it will not work with anyone's heated grips. That's a deal killer unfortunately for me.

Hey Guys,

Yes I tool a look at the Brake-Away Cruise also and it looks great but I have heated grips also so it's a no go

unfortunately it looks like a really nice unit.

So I installed the G2 Throttle tube and it made a huge difference! I'm really glad I did it.

My only real disappointment with the bike was that throttle abruptness and now it's gone.

It was easy to install. Took about 15 minutes, I struggled getting the grip off for a couple

minutes an air compressor is a must! I'm waiting for the Throttle Meister, bar risers, the

Givi top case, backup rider backrest and she should be pretty darn comfy. I'll be ready

to take the wife on a good long ride next weekend.

I owe the forum a thank you for all the great info!

Now I'm off to read posts on dialing in the suspension. It needs some tweaking that's for sure.

Damon

Last edited by a moderator: