How to resurrect Yamaha FJR1300 that's been parked in my garage for 7 years?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan
I think I could have been clearer in my post. I did not want a lead acid battery as I really preferred the lithium batteries that you recommended here because of their lightweight.

I expected it to fit the FJR1300 because that's what I put in the search tool.

I guess I may to go with the Shorai and pad them out with foam stickers.

I think that may have been someone else who suggested Lithium batteries.

I've never used any Lithium battery for motor vehicle applications.
I've never suggested or recommended any Lithium battery for motorcycle applications.
I don't think saving 5 - 6 pounds of battery weight on a 700 pound pig of an FJR is worth the cost or any other disadvantages associated with Lithium batteries.
Others may have different opinions. Everyone should make their own choices.

I believe I am retired from this thread for now.

dan

I apologize Dan. Living with catastrophic tinnitus for 8 years has left my brain muddled and I often don't get the facts straight. I still hope I can get your sound, sage advice in the future.

Do the Shorai batteries come with foam stickers?
Yes. THis is a stock battery on the left (for my Ducati) and the padded out Shorai.

I run lithium for a couple reasons - the main one is that they crank a lot harder than a lead acid, the other is that they last a very long time and don't need to be sitting on a trickle charger. Some folks report that they don't work very well in freezing temps - I have not experienced that and did a few experiments with one of my bikes with temps in the 20s(F) and it worked fine.

Attachments

• IMG_20230519_140635_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230519_140635_HDR.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
Dan installed a Batteries Plus AGM in my 2008 AE when I purchased it from him Feb 2019. It still working great 5 years later, I do use a Deltran Battery Tender that monitors and goes in sleep mode.

Dan installed a Batteries Plus AGM in my 2008 AE when I purchased it from him Feb 2019. It still working great 5 years later, I do use a Deltran Battery Tender that monitors and goes in sleep mode.
How did Dan install the battery in your FJR? Did he take off the farings or did he use a different method?