New Mv Handlebar Risers with angle adjustment!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mihalis fjr

Reaction score
2003-2005 Models(With solar thermometer on!)

https://www.mv-motorrad.de/lshop,showdetail,9508,e,1338471537-11011,1254303433.1331054885,901440-03t,,Tshowrub--1254303433.1331054885,.htm

b11.jpg

1330436108-10338.jpg

2003-2005 model(Without thermometer on)

https://www.mv-motorrad.de/lshop,showdetail,9508,e,1338471537-11011,1254303433.1331054885,901440-03,,Tshowrub--1254303433.1331054885,.htm

1330436248-13853.jpg

2006+ model

https://www.mv-motorrad.de/lshop,showdetail,9508,e,1338471537-11011,1254303433.1331054885,901440,,Tshowrub--1254303433.1331054885,.htm

1295269750-16387.jpg

b01.jpg

b12.jpg

b2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I tell you what, if this would have been on the market in 2006 when I bought the bike I wouldn't have had to have my wrists broken and reset to match the bar angle.

That would have been a good thing.

Nice find. :)

I tell you what, if this would have been on the market in 2006 when I bought the bike I wouldn't have had to have my wrists broken and reset to match the bar angle.

That would have been a good thing.

Nice find. :)
I have not buy and installing it..but i think it is a very ergonomic bar riser.. :)

Like the idea but..... looks to me like you will need to remove the riser/adapter to do the steering head bearings. No big deal I guess but.....

Don

Like the idea but..... looks to me like you will need to remove the riser/adapter to do the steering head bearings. No big deal I guess but.....

Don
No!

You put it over the triple clamp!it is only a handlebar riser..have a look at the Mv website...

Don
No!

You put it over the triple clamp!it is only a handlebar riser..have a look at the Mv website...
'Don' have a look at the additional images down of the large photo in the MV site..click on those images...

Don
No!

Right, but to service the head bearings you have to remove the top triple clamp anyway, so you'd have to pull this and STILL pull the top triple.

While 'ewe' was my initial reaction as well, as I thought about it, it just wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Also, once you've upgraded those head bearings to the super-awesome tapered bearings, you'll find the need to 'service' or adjust them almost completely go away for most 'low mileage' riders.

Don
No!

Right, but to service the head bearings you have to remove the top triple clamp anyway, so you'd have to pull this and STILL pull the top triple.

While 'ewe' was my initial reaction as well, as I thought about it, it just wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Also, once you've upgraded those head bearings to the super-awesome tapered bearings, you'll find the need to 'service' or adjust them almost completely go away for most 'low mileage' riders.
A little more job and time for the head bearings service....

Their fog light kit looks pretty cool too. I like the location where they have them mounted. Good price on it also...

b0.jpg

I went all the way up to the end of checkout on the riser for the 2006+ bike. After subtracting VAT tax that we dont have to pay in the US and adding freight to WA, and using an exchange rate of 1.26 for Euros to dollars, the bottom line cost is about $248 (shipping is about $72 of the $248). Seems like a quality item. Someone get one and do the install and write a review.

So do I understand this correctly, that all you have to do is take off the existing handlebars, bolt this thing over the existing triple tree and then bolt the handlebars to the new riser? And that the bars can be rotated in/out as desired with somewhat infinite adjustment?

I think it's an item worthy of consideration if the install and adjustment is as i think.

The instructions don't mention drilling out the ignition key security bolts. If that is in fact the case then its a big advantage.

The instructions don't mention drilling out the ignition key security bolts. If that is in fact the case then its a big advantage.
That is certainly a big plus for me. It looks very easy to install, and very easy to remove and put everything back to stock when it is time to sell. I'd be the guinea pig and order one today, but I've blown my farkle budget until at least this winter.