• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Old Wild Bill's Highway Mounting Plates

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry

Reaction score
My Old Wild Bill passed away June 23, 2012 while we were vacationing in California. I want to thank all the FJR riders who purchased his highway mounting plates since we started selling them in 2004. Bill was so pleased each time we made a sale and this kept him busy in his retirement years. As of today, September 27, 2012 I have 4 sets left to sell. I thought of having a company plasma cut and drill the holes but decided to close down operations after selling the last 4 sets. This has been a great adventure for Bill and I and we were so blessed to have such wonderful customers as the FJR riders. So if you would like to purchase a set before the end of the year e-mail me for information and pics at, [email protected].

Regards,

Terry

So sorry for your loss, Terry.

I did not know Bill, we never met. Nor did I buy any of his hiway peg mounts (I'm just not a hiway peg user). But guys like Bill who will put their efforts into making gizmos for the rest of the owners and sell them for a reasonable costs are the backbone of our little community.

Best wishes for you and your family in the future.

Dear Terry,

I never knew the story behind those highway pegs, but I know that they've been popular around here. Seems that every time somebody has a used set for sale that they're gone in short order. You said that it kept him busy in his retirement years. Funny how that works. I guess the Lord made us fellers to work with our hands, and it's a joy for most of us to do so. But I always enjoy watching a craftsman do his thing. When somebody has both the skill and the patience to make a quality product, everybody wins when they make it available to others, and back their product with their good name. Bill was one of those men. Thanks for sharing him with us all these years.

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:
Terry,

I just sent you an email. I would like a set and hopefully I haven't waited too long this time. I've been putting it off for far too long! God bless you and I will be praying for you.

Terry, I'm sorry to hear about Bill's passing and your loss. I bought two sets from you for my two FJRs. The ones that are still out here will probably live on through any number of bikes as replacement time rolls around; they're too good not to hang on to for the next bike. Thanks for a good product and for standing behind it, not a bad legacy for any company, or any man.

Terry, my condolences to you and your family. May you find peace in your time of grief. I'm terribly sorry to hear of this, Heidi

I just saw the note, Terry. My thoughts go out to you. And thanks to you both for making these for us. I've had them five or six years now and they've made a huge difference on the long hauls. Peace to you both.

Terry Hi,So sorry for your loss.I know how it feels having just lost my best friend on 9-14-12.

I would like to buy a set of his mounts for my 09 FJR please. $Amount+shipping?

However your e-mail address is not working for me?

Do you have another way to contact you?

Thank You and again I'm sorry for your loss.