Great day in the Pacific North West

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

for_the_roads

Reaction score
Reporting from Portland Oregon. Great sunny days in the NW maybe hard to come by anytime before May. Now the few days that do turn out great would always fall between Monday-Friday. Today, was however was an exception to the rule, one of those sunny Saturdays. Took my 2013 FJR out for a spin and ended up putting 42x miles. White Pass, WA, had some snow/icy conditions on the road which the FJR handled like a champ. Solo ride, breath taking views, bit cold. Hope everyone else was enjoying their Saturday as well.

img0823go.jpg

img08151b.jpg

img0814kt.jpg

img0805nd.jpg

Saturday was very nice for a March day! Being on-call (again) did hot laps with the lawnmower and weedeater around the yard...ack!

Thanks for sharing the ride!

--G

As the valleys were foggy and cold Jay and I decided to wait till ten to meet for coffee before our ride to Fall City.

Between the new Photo bucket and forum software I doubt I'll bother doing this often.

DSCN6046_zps169f359f.jpg

The fog lifting in Sky Valley.

DSCN6047_zps33238a4e.jpg

There were a lot of the other kind of murder cycles out.

DSCN6049_zps4740dc3e.jpg

DSCN6053_zps65031822.jpg

Looking East from the west valley Rd

DSCN6052_zps7cbd0b47.jpg

DSCN6051_zpsffede8d7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great views and good news that you all got a chance to ride some. Here in Florida we have the weather but really lack the roads and scenic roads that

are found in the PNW. I need to spend some time up there.

BTW - Stop posting pics of the '13 model. I hate the feeling of wanting what I can't have... YET !

Indeed it was, like Ahchiu stated a few more PNW riders been on the go. Sorry George for your on-call crap wished you could have been there. Fontanaman and I made a 260 mile run from OLY to Longbeach...I'll post it in a short.

V

RPK

Latest posts