My (next) Big Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIODSL

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
For those of you who don't know, I'll be riding in the 2013 Iron Butt Rally. For those of you who care, I've committed to doing a blog entry every day for the next three months leading up to the start. You can find it here.

Was reading your blog and noted the food discussion. Try these, Balance bars. Way tastier than Cliff bars and packed with protein.

For a much lighter and possibly more reliable PC option, take a peek at the new Microsoft Surface Pro. It has RAM instead of a hard drive, eliminating a possible source of failure, is super thin, and has a super strong magnesium case and gorilla glass screen. Battery life is ok. It has built in cameras too, making it easy to snap and track receipts, locations, etc. It will run Windows apps like Streets and Trips as well as Garmin apps too. Very very light and doubles as a tablet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you planning to drink any Dutch Brothers coffee during your preparations??

smile.png

Thanks for taking the time to do this, it will be interesting to see how prepare for the rally.

Good luck with your adventure.

Was reading your blog and noted the food discussion. Try these, Balance bars. Way tastier than Cliff bars and packed with protein.
Those look delicious, Hudson. I've tried to shy away from bars with chocolate on them. Do you think they would survive stored in a tankbag in the desert SW in July? I suspect I'd look like a three year old after having an ice cream sundae.
smile.png

The fog of 25+ years obscures my memory of the specifics of the diet - and I'm sure that the same interval has brought many advances - but the 'entirely liquid diet' of these guys raised a few eyebrows back in the mid-eighties:

https://www.rodbikes.com/articles/dennis/lon_and_pete.html

Thanks for the link to your blog. I'll continue to enjoy the entries.

Last edited by a moderator: