EOM 2014 Location & Date Poll and Opinions thread.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extrememarine

Reaction score
EOM 2014 Location & Date Poll and Opinions thread.

It’s never too early to start thinking about the next year’s rally schedule, is it? Let’s begin…

NAFO 2014 in La Crosse has landed on the 3rd weekend in September due to a scheduling issue with the venue. The right thing to do follows the adapt, adjust, and overcome approach. Our choices for EOM 2014 date wise would be 12-14 September (a week prior to NAFO) or 26-28 September (the week after NAFO).

There were many positive comments about Maggie Valley area and the Maggie Valley Inn both in person to me as well as those received through the survey that was sent out. I feel many where short changed this year with the rain on Saturday. I spoke to Beth recently at the Maggie Valley Inn; there is a Harley rally in Maggie Valley the weekend of 12-14 September – in her words, “it would not be a really happy time for our group to be there during that…”

If we choose Maggie Valley as the venue, we are forced to the weekend of the 26-28th. That is not really a bad thing – average precipitation falls off at the end of September and into October.

If the group feels we need to venture elsewhere, then make your suggestions here – remember the criteria we look for – lodging for 80-100, banquet seating for 80-100, restaurant and bar on site a huge plus, or within walking distance, and most importantly, access to the roads we all desire.

So air it out here. There are a some individuals who put their hat in the ring to help out for 2014, and we want to get things rolling early.

Wayne

Wayne mentioned the dates and the issue with date to me at Bust's Tech Day and it looks to me like the best option would be the last weekend in September.

I stay in Maggie Valley at least once a year, sometimes twice and still haven't gotten enough of that area, so I vote we stay there. I wish the inn was a little nicer, but it does meet all our needs and the management seems to be pretty accommodating.

I stay in Maggie Valley at least once a year, sometimes twice and still haven't gotten enough of that area, so I vote we stay there. I wish the inn was a little nicer, but it does meet all our needs and the management seems to be pretty accommodating.
Totally Agree! :)

Thank you!! Having to put in vacation this month, it would be nice to have a date for this to secure. Maggie sounds good, even though I will be there in 2 weeks. Either way, the date is really important to me, not the location so much.

I will be trying to plan to attend both rallys next year, so the date isn't important. The EOM location isn't real important either, but I haven't stayed in Maggie Valley before, so that is what I chose. If there was a third choice of "Doesn't matter. I will go where ever it is." that is what I would have chosen.

EOM or NAFO, not sure which one I'll be at...but I will be at one of them...unless I get divorced or win the lottery before then.

I'll go wherever... but I think that Maggie Valley was a fairly exceptional value & great location! I don't think the lodge was bad at all. It's a plain 'ol motel with some fairly nice perks... not high dollar or highfalutin... although, it would've been nice to have a vent fan in the bathroom.

& I won't have the luxury of attending both rallies next year... it'd require too much time off of work. EOM will probably be for me!

The goal is to hit both rallies next year and to that we shall see, but I think the Maggie Valley Inn was/is an ideal location for our gang. Plenty of juicy roads!

I'm on the same planning strategy right now. My problem is that I will need some help finding "interesting" roads through Illinois and Indiana. That means at least a 5-600 mile day to get to Louisville, KY. "Interesting" can be found from KY onward. I've got plenty of time to play with g-maps and S&T over the winter...

The goal is to hit both rallies next year and to that we shall see, but I think the Maggie Valley Inn was/is an ideal location for our gang. Plenty of juicy roads!

I was thinking the smae thing Wayne. I was actually looking at the map today to look at possibilities. No matter which rally is first the in-between will offer plenty of time to play. One of the things I would like to do is visit the arch in St. Louis. Was going to do it on the way home from CFO, but weather threw me a curve.

Every post like this just makes me understand how lucky I am.....or good...you know it's hard to be humble
innocent.gif

I guess the divorce would be like winning the lottery, or if I won the lottery, I could afford the divorce...but I was thinkin, if either happened... I would be able to do EOM & NAFO

Every post like this just makes me understand how lucky I am.....or good...you know it's hard to be humble
innocent.gif

I guess the divorce would be like winning the lottery, or if I won the lottery, I could afford the divorce...but I was thinkin, if either happened... I would be able to do EOM & NAFO
I'm thinkin lucky
grin.gif

innocent.gif

I am right there with you Gerald!