clutch plates sticking

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sttinktim

Reaction score
Hi all, i have a 2013 fjr. at about 8k the clutch started to be hard to disengage in the morning. i would start the bike pull the the lever in and wait 20 seconds and it would still jump in gear. it got to a point that before starting the bike i would put the bike into second gear pull the clutch lever in and rock the bike back and forth( engine rotating) to brake the clutch loose.I took it to the dealer they bled the master/slave sys and was told to try it. that didn't work / i didn't think it would. I took it back for the second time in which they removed the clutch plates cleaned of what they said was residue from the plates when manufactured ???. the thing works great now. anybody else have a similar problem?

Yup, check my posts in NERPT My 2013 clutch was "soaked" under warranty last week and all seems fine now. The dealer was told by Yamaha tech people to soak my clutch and do something to the clutch hydrolics (sp) It shifts and engages fine now

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.