Change your colors

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have several pieces done on my 95 Buell including a couple of parts that are subjected to some drivetrain heat. I had them done over 3 years ago and they still look great. Just make sure the person doing the work has experience and uses appropriate base paint and clear coat. My guy warned me about doing parts subject to heat and did mine as a trial with a reduced price and the understanding it may not hold up. I've allowed him to use my bike in his display at a local show in exchange for some of these types of favors.

Should have done a forum "search" I guess .. my bad.Thanks for the link Alan
That wasn't a DO THE SEARCH, it was simply connecting you to some solid information about method, durability and cost that was already available
smile.png
A lot of time has passed between the previous thread and now, a bunch of new Forum members will be seeing this for the first time.

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend if mine has done this with a couple AR-15 rifles. The first one he did has some flaws, which was to be expected. It almost feels like laminate, and the flaws feel like hard plastic peaks. The curves show some stretching of the graphic, which was very evident on those helmets.

He didn't do any heat bearing parts. He did the handguard and the lower receiver on each. They look cool and seem durable, but they have a learning curve.

Why doesn't the "quote" option work for me? ... rhetorical ... Alan, didn't think you were trying to tell me something, just beating my own forehead :)

Last edited by a moderator: