Suggestions for Cool Vest Please

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mihalis fjr

Reaction score
As the title says i would like to buy a cool vest,but i see a lot of brands there..

I would like a light thin cool vest and not a thick.

If you have one and if you are happy with it please let me know..

Thanks in advance!
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The light thin ones are done in a short amount of time. I use the MiraCool and it holds water for days.

i have one that is very light when dry, a heavy sponge when wet, works under mesh jacket, but is kind of moist... back doesnt evaporate, stays ...moist.

Wonder if some vests only have absorbent material in front?

I just finished the Pacific to Atlantic Kyle Petty Victory Junction charity motorcycle ride across extreme S Cal. , Az., N. Mexico , central Tex. to N. Orleans ,Tallahassee, and Daytona . I used the Techniche International Climate Control " phase change" vest the whole way (90 - 107 degrees). Re-soaked in tap orice water every 2.5-3 hours. The hottest day 4 riders had to withdraw to ride in the truck. One passed out and crashed, with injuries. None had vests. Hot weather is "no joke"! Phase change vests are thin ,damp and coool and even work pretty well in high humidity climates.

Bill P

I have used the Techniche every year on my travels into the desert west of the United States. Like having air conditioning while riding in the desert. I wear it under a mesh jacket. I can ride all day and never overheat. Have pulled into Torrey Utah on a 103 degree day and actually felt a little chilly as I walked into the gas station to re-wet my vest. If you ride in the desert you need one of these. They are less effective in high humidity areas.

Thank you all for your suggestions!
smile.png

Now i must decide..
rolleyes.gif

Also i saw this techniche hyperkewl vest in ebay in a very good price and i like it much because it is light and thin,but i don't know if it will works well..I need it most for Sunday day trips.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TECHNICHE-HYPERKEWL-ULTRA-EVAPORATIVE-COOLING-VEST-MOTORCYCLE-SPORTS-JOGGING/280835020286?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131017132637%26meid%3D7234784739294819646%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D20131017132637%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D111356144666

KGrHqZpoE8WtZ7lu4BPS-qG8V960_35_zpsae8a6dee.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Big fan of LDComfort. Have looked at their cooling sleeves but thought that they would be a PITA to position correctly under a jacket. Either sliding down your arm or bunching up when you take your jacket off.

What says you'll who have tried em?

Big fan of LDComfort. Have looked at their cooling sleeves but thought that they would be a PITA to position correctly under a jacket. Either sliding down your arm or bunching up when you take your jacket off.
What says you'll who have tried em?
David,have you tried this LDComfort riding shorts?Works good?I wear cotton underwear but i feel very sweat on the seat after some hour..

I mean this:

https://ldcomfort.com/store/mens-dryline-shorts.html