SAE (two-pin) connectors and adapters

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dudeckp

FJR Therapist
Reaction score
I've never found SAE (two-pin) connectors that I can crimp or solder on to pigtails (like those on GPS mounts, please share links if you have).

The next best thing is having extra wires and adapters with these molded connectors already attached that can be cut and spliced, with some extra zip-stype wire left over. I've picked up a few of these at Harbor Freight over the past year:

Power Connection Cable Kit for only $9

I've never found SAE (two-pin) connectors that I can crimp or solder on to pigtails
Assuming you're talking about this thing. I've picked up at my various local Al's, Autozone, Napa, and other car supply chain stores...either in the trailier wiring section or the aisle with the switches. Usually come as a two-ended deal that I cut in the middle and spice away for whatever project I'm working on.

Exactly. I've never seen the connectors seperate. I was just pointing out an inexpensive source for the double ended wire, plus a few adapter goodies.

I've never found SAE (two-pin) connectors that I can crimp or solder on to pigtails
Assuming you're talking about this thing. I've picked up at my various local Al's, Autozone, Napa, and other car supply chain stores...either in the trailier wiring section or the aisle with the switches. Usually come as a two-ended deal that I cut in the middle and spice away for whatever project I'm working on.
Yep. Been using those for years. Snip in half and have 2 for different projects. Solder and heat shrink. Ground goes to the exposed end.