New option on G2 throttle tube

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilMills

Reaction score
The folks who make the terribly popular G2 throttle tamer cam have added a Delrin bushings option for the FJR.

Some info on the Delrin bushings from their website:

The G2 Delrin models have Delrin bushings inserted in both ends of tube. This eliminates any aluminum-to-aluminum contact. It has the feel of a ball bearing throttle tube, but it is far superior. Ball bearings rust and freeze-up after a few washings - so they must be constantly cleaned and lubricated. Our Delrin model will not rust or corrode. This is the system used my Mike Lafferty, Grant Langston and the Yamaha Supermoto team, to name a few.

I have no interest in this except that I suggested it to Sam after seeing the Delrin offered on their dirtbike throttle tubes. I figure that most FJRs see their fair share of dust, rain and general foul conditions - removing a point of metal-to-metal wear might not be such a bad idea.

$20 probably isn't a bad deal for a little more peace of mind - I'll order one up for my '06 AE and post a review once it arrives (Sam figures a week to get some produced).

Aside from the product itself, I'm really amazed at how responsive these guys are to customer input and suggestions. You don't see that a lot these days. :blink:

Wow, even w/o the delrin, and I guess with aluminum to aluminum contact, it was 5x smoother than the original for me. I don't have a need to replace mine.