Pipes make a difference?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoham

Reaction score
I met Dale 20 years ago and he makes quality parts, but for $1000 what can I expect. That is a lot of money for a little more noise, and better looks. Is it really going to make a difference in performance?

Last edited by a moderator:
I met Dale 20 years ago and he makes quality parts, but for $1000 what can I expect. That is a lot of money for a little more noise, and better looks. Is it really going to make a difference in performance?
Yes. You'll need a Power Commander and appropriate map. I suspect the existing map for Muzzy's full system would work well with the Holeshot full system.

Last edited by a moderator:
If your looking for 15+ horses then don't do it. If you are looking for smooth with an hp boost and lost weight then go for it. I have had my Holeshot cans since they first came out and added the header when that came out. I gained about 7 hp and eliminated the cats with the header for better performance and less heat off the cats. Dale helped out with the custom map as I had them installed by his mechanic that helps with his installs and tuning. It has never run smoother or stronger. About 10 per cent drop in gas mileage but I will take that to get to what I feel is better performance.

+1 on everything fjrvtx1300s said. Actually +100!

I have the full system and love it. It is louder overall, so bear this in mind. The biggest improvement IMO is the reduction of heat from the cat loss.