Gerauld's Luggage Rack/Backrest Outstanding!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kxb44

Reaction score
Add another to the long list of happy customers of Gerauld's fine work. Couldn't be happier. This setup will allow me to use my T-Bag luggage from my VTX and another large tailbag as well. Strong work Gary. Thanks a bunch.

DSCN0194.jpg

DSCN0193.jpg

DSCN0192.jpg

I have the original Quick-Change backrest, still perfect after 2 1/2 years. Course, the fact that no-one who knows me will ride with me.......

Add another to the long list of happy customers of Gerauld's fine work. Couldn't be happier. This setup will allow me to use my T-Bag luggage from my VTX and another large tailbag as well. Strong work Gary. Thanks a bunch.
DSCN0194.jpg

I have an off topic question is that grass or carpet? :eek:

I'm in the que for my luggage rack and backrest...will have by mid-June. I have an 07 BC as well and seeing your pix let me know what to expect :yahoo: .

Curt

Got a link to that nice package? EDIT: never mind Found the info on how to get this on other post.

Very nice looking rack/backrest. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 I just got mine and this thing is beautiful! I was a little surprised at first how big the rack is, but once I put it on the bike I was amazed that the bike actually looks better with it on- just kinda adds something. Plus the size makes it actually useful- a first for luggage racks in my experience. I don't really care for what any backrest does for the lines of the bike, but at least this is one of the best I've seen- and well worth it to keep the other half happy and let me use more throttle! Thanks again to Gary for providing a high quality product that adds so much to my (and my wife's) enjoyment of this already great bike!

kxb44- I can't tell for sure from the pics, but I thought Gary said to mount the backrest in front of the tab on the rack???

looks great! But, have you had your pillon on the bike to see if her back is supported by the backrest? Could it be too far back???

kxb44- I can't tell for sure from the pics, but I thought Gary said to mount the backrest in front of the tab on the rack???
The intructions that came with the rack said it can be mounted either way. This allows for a little adjustability for passenger comfort.