Givi V46 and SW Moto tech mounting

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mehaffydr

Reaction score
I purchased this mounting bracket Click Here for the Givi trunk. I liked the setup but as others have said the mounting seems a little loose so I reinforced with two extra 7mm x 110mm bolts. I bought some AL tubing from Home Depot and cut to fit for spacers under the mounting plate. I sanded with extra fine sand paper and clear laquered to keep looking good. This was fairly simple for me because I already had the holes in the rear from the factory trunk.

IMGP0188.jpg

Befor extra reinforcing.

IMGP0201.jpg

With extra reinforcing bolts

IMGP0197.jpg

Top view bolts installed.

This is now rock solid.

Last edited by a moderator:
I purchased this mounting bracket Click Here for the Givi trunk. I liked the setup but as others have said the mounting seems a little loose so I reinforced with two extra 7mm x 110mm bolts. I bought some AL tubing from Home Depot and cut to fit for spacers under the mounting plate. I sanded with extra fine sand paper and clear laquered to keep looking good. This was fairly simple for me because I already had the holes in the rear from the factory trunk.
IMGP0188.jpg

Befor extra reinforcing.

IMGP0201.jpg

With extra reinforcing bolts

IMGP0197.jpg

Top view bolts installed.

This is now rock solid.

So ..... I take it that Givi does not make a mounting bracket for the 2006 FJR's???

I think they do make a bracket but I did not like the Givi Bracket and this one IMHO is better when the trunk is off. Just personal preference.

mehaffydr,

Question for you - not trashing your choice, honest question...

What made you want to buy the SW-Motech mount rather than the Givi mount (which comes with the adapter plate, by the way)? Stricly a matter of price? Or was it not available at the time?

I just ordered and mounted the Givi S357 mount, and it's a pretty quality piece. The price isn't the cheapest, but it's very solidly mounted to the back and down under the seat, replacing the factory grab rails. I'm fairly certain I could drop a Hyundai on it without too much damage :)

Nevermind, didn't read far enough down the thread :)

Last edited by a moderator: