Frame Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old&slow

Reaction score
Just got my 2008 FJR and it's too cold here to ride.. I figure the first add on will be frame sliders.. I've been reading the forum about sliders and seem to have it narrowed down between the Skyway - vs- the Movovation ,, Delrin - vs- Nylon..

Both appear to be very good products ,,,, similar price..

I read in the forum what Skyway said about "dickhead" customer ,,,

Skyway good for you,, call them like you see them.... you're OK in my book..........

So , any additional feedback on Skyway -vs- Motovation sliders ??

old&slow :yahoo:

The properties of each are listed here:

Clicky

Unsure of exactly what nylon and which Delrin product each uses, but you cal also google "delrin versus nylon" and find lots of info.

I am unsure of the UV effects of both, but would think that the Delrin ® may have an edge as to durability over a long period of time in direct sunlight.

As for compression, CTE, and coefficient of friction -- see the chart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my 2008 FJR and it's too cold here to ride.. I figure the first add on will be frame sliders.. I've been reading the forum about sliders and seem to have it narrowed down between the Skyway - vs- the Movovation ,, Delrin - vs- Nylon..Both appear to be very good products ,,,, similar price..

I read in the forum what Skyway said about "dickhead" customer ,,,

Skyway good for you,, call them like you see them.... you're OK in my book..........

So , any additional feedback on Skyway -vs- Motovation sliders ??

old&slow :yahoo:
I had the Motovation Sliders on my 06 FJR & I unfortunately know they work.

There was a question if they would fit an 08, but fortunately I do know because they are on my 08 FJR.

See pic:

2008FJR1300.jpg

Hope I never need to use them.

On your 06 ,,Any chance they save the paint on the hard bags too ???????

My :blink: buddy has a 06 ,,, a few month after he got it ,, did a slow speed dis-mount in his driveway,,,

That's why I'm checking out sliders,,, don't what to do the same thing ,,

Hope you never use the ones on your 08 ,,,,,,,,,,, Thanks for the info,,, :blink:

On your 06 ,,Any chance they save the paint on the hard bags too ???????My :blink: buddy has a 06 ,,, a few month after he got it ,, did a slow speed dis-mount in his driveway,,,

That's why I'm checking out sliders,,, don't what to do the same thing ,,

Hope you never use the ones on your 08 ,,,,,,,,,,, Thanks for the info,,, :blink:
If you visualize your bike tipped over on the ground...the points of contact will be the front fairing and the rear bags. If you add sliders, those contact points change to front sliders and rear bags.

Therefore, the rear bags - IF on the bike WILL be a point of contact.

BTW, sliders do not eliminate damage to the fairing...these just minimize the damage in higher speed slides. Don't get me wrong...everybody should have them. Just understand what they do...minimize damage...not eliminate.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, sliders do not eliminate damage to the fairing...these just minimize the damage in higher speed slides. Don't get me wrong...everybody should have them. Just understand what they do...minimize damage...not eliminate.

Yep ,,, figured it only minimized ,,, not eliminate... I've had brain fade a couple times ,,, dropped my new CBR1000f with less than a 1000 miles on it,,, Honda had the good sense to put a protective tip over point on it ,, only cost $50 to replace it.. And dropped my Concours in Ky. a few years ago,,,, but you have to look close to see the scratches on the hardbag,,

( did end up riding home with one foot peg)

But the FJR is such a sexy bike ,,, don't know it I want to ride it,, or just rub up against it,,, Sure don't want to get it dirty or scratch it,,,, :dribble: ,,, but thanks for the info

I read this here somewhere, found it very effective...

I mounted Skyway sliders to ease maintainance as well as pehaps save some paint. With a pair of jackstands and some scrap bits of 2x lumber you can make the bike very stable for wheel/fork removal, just pop the bike on its centerstand, raise the front end with a floor jack at the header and set it back down so the sliders rest on the jackstands. Super stable and easy to set up..

Um... hows'a'bout we hit Skyway up for some "rear sliders"... No, not training wheels, but maybe something that mounts just fwd of the bags and sticks out just so. Hell, I'd be fine with an actual "rubstrip" on my sidecase, not unlike a black rubber car door strip. I'll look into that and get back to you. If I stand a sheet of plywood up against the bike I could somewhat determine what would touch the ground in a slide and that would give me the best place to adhere it...

*"Hmmm, lessee, self adhesive, trimable, black rubber, replaceable, ... might save me a grand in plastic... I think I like it!"

C