NorCal: Another MadMike Spur-of-the-Moment Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmike2

Shtirrenuppenmeister
Reaction score
Yes, another stinking late-posted-Saturday ride.

Last Chance called me last night to say, "My wife-unit has to work this weekend, how about a ride?" SO blame Loren!

MEET: In Elk Grove

Starbucks

9289 Elk Grove Blvd.

(At Waterman, Northeast corner of the intersection in the Walgreen's parking lot)

TIME: 1000

ROUTE: From Starbucks

Elk Grove Blvd East

L on Grantline 2 miles

R on Wilton Rd. 2 miles to stop sign

L. on Green to dead end

L. on Dillard 1.7 miles

R. on Clay Station to dead end

L. on Twin Cities Rd to Ione.

Jog L in Ione 2 blocks

R. on Hwy 104 to Hwy 88

Cross Hwy 88 and stay on Jackson Valley Rd. about 2.5 mi.

L. on Buena Vista (where we should meet the uberkuls) 2.7 mi

L. on Stoney Creek 10,5 wonderful miles to Jackson.

R. on Hwy 40 through Jackson and on to Hwy 12.

R. at the junction 1.2 mile

R. on Pool Station Rd. 12.7 miles

R. on Hwy 4 4.6 mi

L on Obyrnes Ferry Rd 12.9 miles around Lake Tulloch

L on Hwy 108/120 to Sonora

R. on Mono Way offramp, R. to

The Peppery Bar & Grill :good:

13494 Mono Way

on the left.

The GPS shows this as 108 miles @ 3 1/4 hrs. :yahoo:

The route home is still being discussed :dntknw: ....maybe ride back on Hwy 49 with "excursions" :derisive: Maybe take a detour East on Hwy 4 and go left through Murphys and ride Murphys Grade back to 49? I'm (we're) open to suggestions.

I can't be lost, I have a GPS....and maps... :blink:

THE LIST:

[SIZE=8pt](Adventurous, foot-loose & fancy free, insane)[/SIZE]

gfran

Last Chance

MM2

Sacramento Mike

uberkul (2-up with uber-wife)

If you can join us, we'll see you at Starbucks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, the humanity!

Were it not for a memorial service Saturday, I'd at least meet you in Sonora....

You stoppin' by Ian's for a friendly visit?

ooh, MM on me poo-poo list AGAIN! :unsure: :rolleyes:
GUNNY! The Bastidge! Mostly because I live right here and wanna go play in Uberkul's neck of the woods.

Hmm, maybe the wife won't notice that it took me 8 or 10 hours to get back from a Home Depot run :innocent: . She might get suspicious if I take the FJR instead of the pickup, though...

ooh, MM on me poo-poo list AGAIN! :unsure: :rolleyes:
GUNNY! The Bastidge! Mostly because I live right here and wanna go play in Uberkul's neck of the woods.

Hmm, maybe the wife won't notice that it took me 8 or 10 hours to get back from a Home Depot run :innocent: . She might get suspicious if I take the FJR instead of the pickup, though...
I keep telling you guys...."It ain't my fault!" Someone calls and says they want to go for a ride, so being the accommodating fellow that I am, I answer, "Sure!"

Because I want as many to join as possible I post it here....and get grief for my efforts. Okay, next time I'll just go for a ride and then post pictures...won't you all feel better, then?

Seriously, this isn't like the Feather River trip (Quincy for lunch) that is being worked on and will be posted with plenty of warning. Or the 'Open Passes" we'll be doing over 88, 89 and 4 (Markleeville for lunch), posted in advance. Or the NorCal Hwy36, 96, 299, 3 for a 3-day weekend that is being planned.

Sheesh...lighten up, would'ya! Whatta buncha bay-bees! :cray:

Don't make me go Skyway on your @$$. :wacko:

:bleh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Because I want as many to join as possible I post it here....and get grief for my efforts. :bleh:
We're just jealous :who-let-rip-smiley: (close as I could get to green w/ envy w/o using a puke smiley). Keep getting the word out - The boss actually made encouraging noises about me going with you guys, but the bike is dripping coolant from somewhere way up high (saw a drop go past the exhaust, but couldn't get a visual on the source), so I'll be wrenching instead of playing.

Beware muddy spots when you get to the foothills - it's still raining in Roseville right now.

Enjoy,

RsvlFeej

Yeah, Patrick, I was just slammin' the ball back into your court. I see that its wet (the road surface, the fences are dry) here this morning, but its over 50 degrees. That should cause a bit more caution on the roads we're riding, but it'll be good.

Maybe you can make the next ride....if we give a bit more notice... :rolleyes:

I don't know about an hour or two south of me, but here at 1200 ft elevation on the I-80 corridor this a.m., it's downright WET!!! (And not exactly warm.)

Be safe, guys -- hope you got your waterproof gear and plenty of insulation.

I don't know about an hour or two south of me, but here at 1200 ft elevation on the I-80 corridor this a.m., it's downright WET!!! (And not exactly warm.)
Be safe, guys -- hope you got your waterproof gear and plenty of insulation.
I am still jealous. Here at 4200ft it was 9 degrees this morning and we have had about 4" of snow this week. My calendar must be wrong cause it is telling me it is spring. :D

It was just a "last minute" thrown together ride........published for those who could make it.

I will do a ride report with pictures.