Tourmaster Synergy Jacket / Pant Liners...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shane Stump

Reaction score
I am considering getting both the Synergy jacket and pant liners for this coming winter.

Questions:

1) Can I safely run both on the bike's electrical system?

2) Do I need to get a "dual" cigarette lighter outlet or do they connect directly to the battery?

Best Regards,

Shane

P.S. I have a 2006 FJR1300AE if important for question #1.

The jacket will connect to the battery and then the pants will connect to the jacket. Only one connection to battery required. Because the FJR battery is where it is I had to make the wire harness that comes with jacket slightly longer to make it more user friendly. I also took the tank off to route wires. Make sure you solder the connections when lenghtening. And shrink sleeve them.

I have the Synergy vest and I really like it so far (although haven't had many opportunities to use it yet)

A google search found this information in the Bin-O-Facts:

Alternator Output and Spare Capacity

490 watts rated by Yamaha for '03-'05 (upped to 590 in Gen II)

490 watts / 14 volts output = 35 amps

120-130 watts spare capacity per Warchild before Datel drops to ~12.5 - 12.8v region

Widder brand electrical closthing uses less current than Gerbing per Warchild.

Widder

Vest = 33, 35, and 48 watts vest (most are probably 35)

Arm Chaps = 20 watts

Gloves = 20 watts

Leg Chaps = 33 watts

My total (Size 48 Lectric 2 Vest): - 35 + 20 + 20 + 33 = 108 watts

Gerbing

Jacket = 77 watts (equals Vest + arm chaps)

Pants = 44 watts

Gloves = 22 watts

Typical total: 77 + 44 + 22 = 143 watts

Warm-N-Safe (Heattroller)

Jacket Liner = 100 watts

Source: Alternator Question 9/29/2005

The answer to 1 appears to be YES.

The answer to 2 is YES, if you want to, or you can also connect through a Fuzeblock or other power bus installed from the battery. If you connect the Synergy harness to the battery you will probably have to splice in some wire becasue the harness is not long enough to reach back to the seat area otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator: