Clean engines

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keyzcat

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used Ymaha Ring-Free? It's for 2 and 4 stroke engines to remove carbon and clean fuel injector screens. I've used it for years on my Yamaha outbourd and it's made a world of difference in overall performance.

My dealer recommended use of the Ring Free in my FJR, and I have added it a couple times.

Can't really say if it has made any difference, but I figure it can't hurt.

Yes, use it in my 50 hp. 2-stroke and 250 hp. 4-stroke Yamaha outboard motors. Have an excellent mechanic in Savannah that swears by it. I recommended that another forum member try this for his suspected carbon build-up causing compression loss. Have a new '08 and plan to start running it. Currently , I don't know that my skill level is sufficient to run the bike hard enough to keep the carbon build-up from happening.

Yes, use it in my 50 hp. 2-stroke and 250 hp. 4-stroke Yamaha outboard motors. Have an excellent mechanic in Savannah that swears by it. I recommended that another forum member try this for his suspected carbon build-up causing compression loss. Have a new '08 and plan to start running it. Currently , I don't know that my skill level is sufficient to run the bike hard enough to keep the carbon build-up from happening.
Where do you get this? Is it available off the shelf?

Thanks.

Where do you get this? Is it available off the shelf?
I got some at a local boat dealer. (Yamaha of course), and they stocked it. I would think you would be able to get it online, and probably a bit cheaper too.