• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Hyperpro Springs and Shock Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I'll bite.

Order placed and customer service so far has been very good.

Thanks for setting this up!

:yahoo:

I would love to hear how everyone likes this style progressive spring. I have read alot of articles about suspension and most people say the linear springs are the best way to go. I had progressive springs in my old fj12 then I put the linear springs with the correct spring rate for me and the bike and I think the linear springs had a better ride quality. But maybe the Hyperpro's are different or better. So I would love the hear some reviews on these springs. Once you all install them and ride a bit.

Eric

I would love to hear how everyone likes this style progressive spring. I have read alot of articles about suspension and most people say the linear springs are the best way to go. I had progressive springs in my old fj12 then I put the linear springs with the correct spring rate for me and the bike and I think the linear springs had a better ride quality. But maybe the Hyperpro's are different or better. So I would love the hear some reviews on these springs. Once you all install them and ride a bit.
Eric

Like I've said before, I much preferred the Hyperpros to the linear Sonic Springs that I tried on my V-Strom, but this machine is a different animal, so lets hope for the best!

I can't tell from the link, is the difference between the 460 and 461 simply the remote resevoire? Or is it actually a better shock?

I can't tell from the link, is the difference between the 460 and 461 simply the remote resevoire? Or is it actually a better shock?

Generally speaking, larger reservoir = cooler oil = better shock damping characteristics

After dragging boots on today's ride - not mine, but Mrs. Jager's boots - the need for new rear suspension became clear.

The nub of my pegs' remains hadn't yet convinced her :rolleyes:

Hyperpro ordered!

The difference between 460 and 461

Rear shock: Model 460 = $ 475.00

with adjustable rebound damping and threaded pre-load via the enclosed C-spanner.

Rear shock: Model 461 = $ 725.00

with adjustable rebound damping, with remote reservoir and high and low speed compression damping, with threaded pre-load via the enclosed C-spanner.

I just got my rear spring on I took it into the shop and had them put it on for $35.00 for those taking the rear shock off I can save you some headache,

PM me if you want to know.

Marcus

Last edited by a moderator: