Barber, Babes and rain

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vroompuppy

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I took the opportunity a week or so back to cage it over to Barber Motosports Park for the AMA Honda Superbike Challenge. Boy was I glad I caged it! I only went for Saturday to meet up with donaldb to discuss our upcoming ride gathering, but it started pouring rain about 20 minutes from the track and lasted about an hour. Anyhow, thought I'd share some pix of my adventure........

This is how it looked most of Saturday (my understanding is that Sunday was worse!)......

IMG_0305s.jpg

After meeting with Bruce and Charles we went our separate ways down to the paddock area

Bruce was wheelin' and dealin'........

IMG_0319s.jpg

While I went in search of Danny Eslick. My goal was to have him autograph my copy of the picture I took of him below showing his post-2nd race victory burnout at Road Atlanta last month......

IMG_0210bc.jpg

Found him!! He's the flat-belly just in case you were wondering.....

(I also passed along 3 copies of the picture to him)

IMG_0307s.jpg

It was just after that that the grid walk started, and you know what that means........

IMG_0311s.jpg

IMG_0323s.jpg
IMG_0324s.jpg

IMG_0334s.jpg

IMG_0333s.jpg

IMG_0313s.jpg

IMG_0331s.jpg

IMG_0316s.jpg

IMG_0327s.jpg

IMG_0328s.jpg

IMG_0312s.jpg

IMG_0332s.jpg

IMG_0314s.jpg

IMG_0330s.jpg

IMG_0317s.jpg

IMG_0326s.jpg

And somebody said there were motorcycles there too........

Yes, there were! Due to some rain delays (go figure) I was only able to shoot the Superbike race and only from the Turn 1-2 complex.

Here's Josh Hayes leading the pack at the start of the race.

IMG_0337s.jpg

The eventual and seemingly perpetual race winner......Mladin stalking.

IMG_0363s.jpg

Our buddy Ben rode a really good race leading or in the lead group for a good part of the race.

IMG_0397s.jpg

But Ben was eventually passed by Blake Young.....

IMG_0378s.jpg

Here's our other Yamaha buddy Josh showing some pretty serious lean angle. Looks like more than 60 degrees to me!

IMG_0379s.jpg

And some others showing off their leaning abilities......

IMG_0360s.jpg

IMG_0387s.jpg

IMG_0351s.jpg

IMG_0364s.jpg

IMG_0392s.jpg

So that was my one and only day at Barber Motorsports Park. Despite the weather, I could tell it is indeed a special place and I'll certainly travel there again in the future. Hope you enjoyed the pix......

VPup

Sweet pics!

I was there for the weekend and had a blast! Unfortunately, I was away from the internet for about a month prior so I couldn't arrange to meet any of you there. I did bump into a few FJR riders while there. Definitely plan on doing it again. The other unfortunate thing was, I came by bike and had only a small tent for shelter from the storm! Still - great time.