2006(a) For Sale

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paste007

Reaction score
Heard this afternoon that Brian at Bakersfield Yamaha was selling his 2006 FJR(a) that apparently has less than 1k miles.

Anyone interested might call him at the dealership.

Was told that he couldn't get his buddy's to ride with him. Didn't know that was a requirement, wish I'd of known before I put 17k+ on mine since mid April.

Heard this afternoon that Brian at Bakersfield Yamaha was selling his 2006 FJR(a) that apparently has less than 1k miles. Anyone interested might call him at the dealership.

Was told that he couldn't get his buddy's to ride with him. Didn't know that was a requirement, wish I'd of known before I put 17k+ on mine since mid April.
I get the impression he needs different buddy's. :huh:

Heard this afternoon that Brian at Bakersfield Yamaha was selling his 2006 FJR(a) that apparently has less than 1k miles. Anyone interested might call him at the dealership.

Who needs buddies for an excuse to ride? Riding with a pal is nice, but there is something to be said for riding where you want, when you want, stopping where you want, eating where you want, taking pictures of what you want, starting off in the morning when you want, stopping in the evening when you want...etc..or just basking in the solitude of a lonely road in the middle of nowhere.

Wierd....

I don't like riding with anybody.

He's got us. There's gotta be someone down there to go squiding around with. I'd never let mine go. You'd have to pry it out of my dead crippled fingers first. PM. <>< :D

Wow! Although I have enjoyed riding with others, I much prefer solo riding so I can speed up, slow down, stop for a piss, etc. whenever I want without checking if the others are OK with that.

Part of my control freak nature also evident whenever my wife suggest we go on a vacation or weekend with another couple. Its OK as long as I get to come and go as I want without everyone going... "where should we eat?... I dunno, where do you want to go?... well, we had Italian last night... and on and on and on..."

Who needs buddies for an excuse to ride? Riding with a pal is nice, but there is something to be said for riding where you want, when you want, stopping where you want, eating where you want, taking pictures of what you want, starting off in the morning when you want, stopping in the evening when you want...etc..or just basking in the solitude of a lonely road in the middle of nowhere.
+1

I do like group rides, but I never get tired of riding alone either.

Heard this afternoon that Brian at Bakersfield Yamaha was selling his 2006 FJR(a) that apparently has less than 1k miles.

:thumbsupsmiley:

>>Part of my control freak nature also evident whenever my wife suggest we go on a vacation or weekend with another couple. Its OK as long as I get to come and go as I want without everyone going... "where should we eat?... I dunno, where do you want to go?... well, we had Italian last night... and on and on and on..."<<

Yeah, I hate that shjt... especially when combined with someone having a bug up his or her ass, and it seems there's always that someone. And the spouse kissing the person's ass constantly and expecting the group to cut the cry baby some slack. Grrr.

I like riding with friends so long as things flow. If it dosen't we just agree to meet up the road or swear off getting ourselves into the situation again.

>>Riding with a pal is nice, but there is something to be said for riding where you want, when you want, stopping where you want, eating where you want, taking pictures of what you want, starting off in the morning when you want, stopping in the evening when you want...etc..or just basking in the solitude of a lonely road in the middle of nowhere.<<

Another good example. It isn't fair to my friends for me to expect them to stop everywhere I want to, either. A group of friends traveled across country recently and solved the issue by agreeing on a general route and a final destination for the day. Evenings they got together for drinks and dinner. Before they made that arrangement-- at he end of the first day-- just about everyone was ready to 'kill' everyone else. :)

Riding with friends...

Ever get down the road about 200 miles, you're having a great day and someone says something like:

"Oh I forgot to tell you guys, I need to be back by 4:00"

:angry2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Wierd....

I don't like riding with anybody.
"Anybody" feels exactly the same about you. :)

Yeah, I hate that shjt... especially when combined with someone having a bug up his or her ass,
Dan what kind of a riding position do you use??? I have had bugs up my nose, mouth, eyes.....but Jesus, Mary and Joseph!!! :yahoo:

Dude, you got to get out and make some friends. :D

I use to do a lot of mountain biking so I know the struggles of a group ride lol. I've only done short rides with my new 05FJR (almost 4k miles). Many times I catch up with a group of riders and hang back with the pack. Easier to be seen and I can always break off when I get bored, which isn't too long :). Still looking for FJR riders to ride with here in Denver...

Riding with friends...
Ever get down the road about 200 miles, you're having a great day and someone says something like:

"Oh I forgot to tell you guys, I need to be back by 4:00"

:angry2:
To which your response should be, " Cool, then I guess you'll want to look at a map to figure when you need to peel off and head for home." Unless you have the uncontrollable urge to be his dad. :eek:

Yeah, I hate that shjt... especially when combined with someone having a bug up his or her ass,
Dan what kind of a riding position do you use??? I have had bugs up my nose, mouth, eyes.....but Jesus, Mary and Joseph!!! :yahoo:
That's funny...I don't care WHO you are! :D :D :D
Abso-freakin'-lutely hilarious. :rofl:

...Sounds like a lame ass excuse to me. Perhaps the real truth is, although hard to imagine: he just doesn`t like the bike for some reason. :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.