BMW Sport Tourning Grips....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRH08FJR

Reaction score
IMO, the BMW Sport Touring Grips are the best I have seen. Yesterday, I went to the local BMW dealer to try and pick up a pair. Unfortunately, the dealer told me that none of the BMW grips would fit any Japanese bike. I thought that someone on here posted at some point that they used the BMW Touring grips? If anyone has the exact model number of the grips that fit the FJR, I would appreciate it. They have heated and non heated grips ... I am looking for the NON HEATED version. Thanks in advance for any help. JRH08FJR PS- I am not looking to go with the grip puppies/slip-on solution. The BMW grips are bigger than our stock grips (which I like) and also very ergonomic

Last edited by a moderator:
THIS thread discusses it, post 7 supplies part numbers.

BMW uses 7/8" bars just like everyone else (non cruiser)

Gotta love that BMW attitude! All my pals on the ST board that have them on their ST's seem to love them. And you can put grip heaters under them.

THIS thread discusses it, post 7 supplies part numbers.
BMW uses 7/8" bars just like everyone else (non cruiser)
After reviewing your link, what concerns me is that I use Throttlemeister bar ends and apparently, the FJR is set up for a much longer grip. I can see one photo where a guy has modifed his controls (with Throttlemeister) to fit the BMW grips. He apparently used a MX Grip donut. I have no idea what that is or where to get it? Also, without seeing it in person, cant imagine it looks that great. Are there any grips similar to the BMWs which are made to fit an FJR? JRH08FJR

I've installed the BMW grips. The MX donut is used to fill the space between the controls end and the grip. This allows the grip to sit farther out on the handlebar. I have heavy bar ends on both sides with a Vista cruise on the throttle side, so the shorter grip actually helps fitment there. Looks...with the grips centered on the handlebar the gap is not THAT noticeable. Not aware of any other BMW style grips that have the extra 1/4" you're looking for.

--G

I've installed the BMW grips. The MX donut is used to fill the space between the controls end and the grip. This allows the grip to sit farther out on the handlebar. I have heavy bar ends on both sides with a Vista cruise on the throttle side, so the shorter grip actually helps fitment there. Looks...with the grips centered on the handlebar the gap is not THAT noticeable. Not aware of any other BMW style grips that have the extra 1/4" you're looking for.
--G
Can you put a picture up E?

W2

Here you go W2...

DSCN1669.jpg

DSCN1670.jpg

A little gap on the left side, but I'm so happy with the grips that I've gotten over it. Could easily be filled with an MX donut trimmed to size.

--G

Loosen the clamp on the clutch mount and move it the quarter inch....that's what I did w/ my install.

Here you go W2...
DSCN1669.jpg

DSCN1670.jpg

A little gap on the left side, but I'm so happy with the grips that I've gotten over it. Could easily be filled with an MX donut trimmed to size.

--G

I have them also and love them, tell the BMW dealer you like to cross breed and give you the grips, then you'll have a Germaineese bike

I have them also and love them, tell the BMW dealer you like to cross breed and give you the grips, then you'll have a Germaineese bike
Or you could do like I've done in the past, give them part numbers or exact part descriptions and just said "Don't worry about what I want it for, just get it ordered, Countermonkey." :p

Edit: While the topic is here, anyone have an offhand OD (or size comparison) of the grips? I keep waffling between my Pro-Grip sport Gels and Sunline Gran Tourings. One's too thick and one's too thin. I have literally hairsprayed them each off and on half a dozen times to decide which I dislike least. Wondering if this is maybe a happy medium.

Loosen the clamp on the clutch mount and move it the quarter inch....that's what I did w/ my install.
On my Gen II it is not quite that easy. There is a little peg potrusion on the underside of the clutch mount that mates to a little hole in the bars. If I recall correctly, I drilled a new little hole in the bars a quarter inch from the original hole. I suppose you could also just file or cut off the peg. I don't use my BMW grips anymore since I switched to Hot Grips. JRH08FJR, PM me if you want to try the BMW grips I have. I can get them to you real cheap.

Bob

Baloney~! I have them on my 04 & have them heated to boot!
Hey Salty, ...you walked in to my question:

How do these krout-grips work with a generic heating element underneath them??

Uhh, or maybe the question should read: how do generic heat elments work underneath these grips??

any thoughts suggestions?

.... I found 'em from several sources for $8.25/ea. Ended up buying from A&S BMW.Left p/n: 32721458395

Right p/n: 32721458396
this quote was taken from another thread(clicky)

..and just wondering if anyone has a favorite discount source that you'd like to steer your buddy renojohn?