Uber Cool New Farkles

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BwanaDik

Reaction score
Finally broke down and got this stuff. Some of the best Yamaha stuff I've ever gotten. It's the expandable magnetic tank bag and trunk bag that's not available in the States. If you want this stuff, call Matt at Blackfoot Motorsports (no affiliation, he's just a nice and competent guy) in Calgary and tell him Jeff from Conroe sent you.

I've seen the tank bag in somebody's ride report but can't remember whose. But I've never seen a full report on the stuff you can get from our neighbors to the North (I'm sure somebody will post a link though!)

Check out the difference between the U.S. bag and the CA bag

Canadian tank bag

U.S Expandable tank bag

A pretty big difference !

The tank bag is ginormous but fits the bike perfectly. I've just thrown it on here, haven't done the "perfet position" thing yet. Feels like it will be comfortable to lean against though.

P6030040.jpg

It's expandable to even larger, probably useful for the Iron Butt Motel if a rest area bench is not available

P6030004.jpg

The interior is spacious

P6030001.jpg

No doubt I'll loose stuff in the bottom here

P6030003.jpg

It's a magnetic bag but comes complete with Jesus Straps for those hard cornering days

P6030005.jpg

It's got a rain cover included, complete with a clear plastic map cover so you can still see the map when it's all snuggled up

P6030049.jpg

The rear pocket, probably designed for papaerwork, license, passport, etc, even has a spot for pens and pencils

P6030048.jpg

Don't know what this do dad is for but it's still a totally cool separate pouch for stuff that fits underneath the map pocket

P6030047.jpg

I think one of the coolest things though is that my HP Notebook fits right inside the whole thing without interference

P6030046.jpg

And the do-dad bag still fits too!

P6030050.jpg

The other bag I bought is the bag for the Yamaha trunk

P6030042.jpg

P6030041.jpg

You can't see it here (blew the photo) but it has a really neat carrying handle inside the upper zipper.

I originally had a lot of doubts about the fit of the bag as the Canuckistan web page showed a Givi trunk, not the Yamaha trunk and there was a major error in the sizing of the U.S. vs. CA trunk. This appears to have been resolved as the liters to cubic foot conversion is now accurate.

Here's the Canadian trunk bag

Canadian Bag

The bag also comes with a nifty shoulder strap that folds up into the back side of the bag

P6030045.jpg

There is no comparable U.S. option. It doesn't ft quite as cleanly as my buddy's BMW RT trunk bag but it's still good.

In all, a great couple of farkles not available here in the U.S. The tank bag is The Bomb, I love it! Trunk bag is cool too but doesn't seem to be a perfect fit.

I've got the tail bag as well. Fits the Givi V46 perfectly. It occupies the bottom half of the Givi, leaving the top half free. Pretty sure you could get two of them in there.

...not available in the States. Check out the difference between the U.S. bag and the CA bag

Canadian tank bag

U.S Expandable tank bag

A pretty big difference !
Yep..., $63.52 for the U.S. tank bag ~ $199.95 for the CAN tank bag...! :eek:

Still, the CAN/Euro/World tankbag looks pretty good... :)

I continue to fail to understand why Yamaha U.S. (Cypress) finds it necessary to differentiate everything -- from motorcycle to accessories -- for the U.S. market? Why can't we be offered the same (everything) as the rest of the world? How are we so different...? :unsure:

can an American get the trunk liner bag? Local yamaha never offered such a thing.
Yes, I did, just ordered if from a shop in Canuckistan (see first post). Use a regular credit card and it converts when it hits your bank. It took a couple of days to get thru customs in Chicago (I had the USPS tracking number) but no duties or fees associated with buying it from there. You can find the cool stuff that we can't get by going here > Yamaha Canada

You can find the cool stuff that we can't get by going here > Yamaha Canada
Keep an eye on that site next week. Rumors are flying fast 'n furious that Yammie Canada is about to announce the Tenere in Canada after stating that their about to announce new 2 and 4 wheel models.