Anyone live near/ride to Citrus Heights, California?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toynut

Reaction score
Hi folks!

I have just ordered a couple of embroidered tank bras (full and half) from Roger of Second Look ((800) 566 5753) from the CBR1100XX forum GB (WC has a couple on order, too). Roger has currently patterned an '06 FJR for a full tank bra as well as a half skin.

In our discussions, he has offered to make a full bra for the '03-'05 models for a possible FJRforum GB(25% discount). Custom marine-vinyl colors MAY be available, but black should satisfy the majority.

Roger needs someone in the area to ride his '03-05 model in so that he can make a pattern off of the tank.

If someone is willing to take one for the team, he will gladly give him a finished piece N/C for their trouble! :clapping:

He is also willing to offer an embroidered version, providing a suitable logo is approved by the majority of the members.

BTW, The cover will not interfere or diminish the grip of magnetic tank bags, nor will it scratch the paint.

Anyone interested in a fine looking piece of protection for their bike?

Saw one on an '06 out in Pearblossom yesterday while ordering lunch at Charlie Brown's... looked real good with just a tad of looseness in the fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi folks!I have just ordered a couple of embroidered tank bras (full and half) from Roger of Second Look ((800) 566 5753) from the CBR1100XX forum GB (WC has a couple on order, too). Roger has currently patterned an '06 FJR for a full tank bra as well as a half skin.

In our discussions, he has offered to make a full bra for the '03-'05 models for a possible FJRforum GB(25% discount). Custom marine-vinyl colors MAY be available, but black should satisfy the majority.

Roger needs someone in the area to ride his '03-05 model in so that he can make a pattern off of the tank.

If someone is willing to take one for the team, he will gladly give him a finished piece N/C for their trouble! :clapping:

He is also willing to offer an embroidered version, providing a suitable logo is approved by the majority of the members.

BTW, The cover will not interfere or diminish the grip of magnetic tank bags, nor will it scratch the paint.

Anyone interested in a fine looking piece of protection for their bike?
Well, I don't live very far away (and I was tempted to pick one up for my Blackbird, as well). Only issue is that I'm about to head to Southern California in the next day or two because my Dad is in the hospital again. When would you need to have this done and how long would it take?

OK, sorry to have posted in the wrong section earlier. :glare:

Rich,

I spoke to him a couple of hours ago. You might want to ask him the details yourself.

BTW, the Bagster covers are the ones that loosen up (according to forum members). The Second Look piece seems to have a very snug and tight fit!

BTW, the Bagster covers are the ones that loosen up (according to forum members). The Second Look piece seems to have a very snug and tight fit!

Nope, not mine. Bagster's been 100% since day one. I'm merely stating an observation made on the unit I saw yesterday on the '06. Of course, that could have been the owner's less than ideal installation.

OK, sorry to have posted in the wrong section earlier. :glare:

Rich,

I spoke to him a couple of hours ago. You might want to ask him the details yourself.

OK -- Roger is one heck of a nice guy, seems to really know his stuff and I will be providing my '05 for fitting and color matching -- probably next week when I get back from So. Cal. (Was going to go down on the XX to SoCal, but decided the greater luggage capacity of the FJR with top box and tail bag makes it the better choice for a possibly week long stay (esp. since I may have to bring at least one professsional looking change of clothes (including tie).) Trying to decide if I'll get half or full coverage second skin bras, but pretty certain I'll get them for both the FJR AND the XX. (BTW, he said he'd keep the XX group buy open until end of Nov. -- so I'm still ok on that one.)

Thanks for your help Rich, I'm sure we will all benefit from your extra effort. I too use my '05 FJR for the really long trips (lots of gear/ or wife) and my XX for everything else.