I Need help with Muzzy slip-ons

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickster

Reaction score
Today I received the cool '06 Muzzy slip-on

(I actually won them at EOM in Boone, but just received them today!)

The instructions say to install the exhaust gasket on the mid-section pipe, but I don't see one in the box.

Am I to use the stock exhaust gasket? They look like they may be too big. If I put the stock ones in Muzzy's mid-section pipe -- how do I get them out of the stock pipe without damaging them?

Those gaskets are very easy to screw up so be very carefull with them. It is hard to be patient but you may have to wait and get some new ones. Mine stayed in place on the head pipes but I still had to use a pipe expander to get them on without damage. Good luck.

High temp gasket sealant will probably get the job done.

Haven't seen the Muzzys because we are still waiting for you to post a pic.

But, that's how my D&Ds are mounted.

Just wipe up the the over spillage before it dries so the install looks clean.

Cheap and easy. ;)

Not an application where any tube sealant will work, just too large a gap to fill. best bet would be to purchase new ones. With care the originals can be removed, but heat makes them rather fragile over time. I have a set here, but that doesn't do you a whole lot of good. For your information, Dale Walker includes a set with his slip ons, only Yamaha makes them. ;)