KTM Supermoto does Northern Ca Trinity Alps

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugnatr

Reaction score
Break in is over, Akrapovic pipes installed so it's time to find out if this bugger can handle some twisties and bumpy back roads. No better place to start than Hwy 36 in Red Bluff.

IMG_2656.jpg

If you have ever ridden to places like Alderpoint, Blocksberg or the Lost Coast road you know how bad these roads great roads are. The theme for the next couple days.

IMG_2658.jpg

IMG_2662.jpg

IMG_2669.jpg

I did make it to Shelter Cove.

IMG_2676.jpg

And to the Lost Coast via Ettersburg and this fine road.

IMG_2690.jpg

Some v twin art and how my butt was able to survive the bumps.

IMG_2717.jpg

Throw in big trees..

IMG_2673.jpg

And some white death..

IMG_2752.jpg

IMG_2774.jpg

All is good, time for a reward at the end of a great day :yahoo:

IMG_2744.jpg

Just a few observations on the KTM.

V Twin rumble and go-Yep. My butt was still rumbling a day later :blink:

Bumps in the road? What bumps.

500 mile day- no way 250-3 is good.

Tall? Can you say tippy toes? I need to grow up not out :(

Optional centerstand is the Bees Knees, I think Karl and I will get along just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dogless,

First off we need close up pics of your new pipes, more detail on the side bags etc.. as it looks like you've got at bugger set up just right. Did you engage on some target practice on the Rough Road sign? If so, most guys score a hit inside the O. :p Not sure what the sign is trying to tell us about a "Slow Watch" and "Down for Cows". Perhaps he's advertising for a time piece repairman and is protesting against bovines?

The pic with the sun burst over the seat make the KTM look "Angelic" which is probably your point about how it rides. I take my FJR on WAAY too many rough roads wishing I had my DRZ instead, but sounds like you've found a very good gap bike that pretty much does it all. Nice photo shoot and RR.

Looks like fun Doug, glad you're enjoying the new bike. That orange is taking over your life, right down to your snack food. :blink:

Nice, love the bike and the roads. But what's that awful looking drink concoction you have there? Coors LIGHT and V8?

Nice ride and nice scenery too. Motorcycle Consumer News had a review of the 990 a while back and gave it 5 stars. I've been interested in them since but have yet to see one in person.

Oh yeah, nice shootin' too 'natr...

IMG_2658.jpg

Thanks Don and Mark!

The pic with the sun burst over the seat make the KTM look "Angelic" which is probably your point about how it rides. I take my FJR on WAAY too many rough roads wishing I had my DRZ instead, but sounds like you've found a very good gap bike that pretty much does it all. Nice photo shoot and RR.
I hear you, my GP suspension on the Feejeer has had many a work out

Looks like fun Doug, glad you're enjoying the new bike. That orange is taking over your life, right down to your snack food. :blink:
:lol: :lol: Good call Brad!

Nice, love the bike and the roads. But what's that awful looking drink concoction you have there? Coors LIGHT and V8?
Coor Light and V8 - all of life daily requirements

Nice, very nice
Thanks, I will need to get him down your way sometime to play on the central coast.

Great stuff Bug!
I still see you and Karl riding 36 :)

Nice SMT! I've had a 950 for years. The big Katoom SMs are godlike in the twisties. I am no expert, but have learned a lot about the LC8. Ever have any questions feel free to ask.

0510121536.jpg

Nice Bike Doug, I will try to pay closer attention to the forum so I can be up to date on all of your new bikes. my Bad!