Best Place To Buy?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WantAnFJR

Sockpuppet Douchebag
Reaction score
With the 2013, I think it's time for me to buy a new FJR. I haven't stopped by this site in years, but I remember some people were flying to somewhere in the south to buy bikes at a really good price. What's the name of the place? (It might have been in Alabama.)

Thanks!

Will be interested to see what kind of pricing people find on the new '13 FJR.

Feel free to post what you are finding!

D & H Cycle in Cullman, Alabama.

18115 US Highway 31

Cullman, AL 35058

Toll Free: 1-877-3YAMAHA

Local: 256-739-1840
These guys must rule the Mama-roost!

It's where I (And I believe many others here) purchased the YES extended warranties. Best-ess-tess price there as well :)

D & H Cycle in Cullman, Alabama.

18115 US Highway 31

Cullman, AL 35058

Toll Free: 1-877-3YAMAHA

Local: 256-739-1840
+1.

During the good ol' PDP days, many a FJR rider travelled down to Cullman to pick up their FJRs.

I have only ever heard good things about the folks from D&H.

D & H will be charging $14,200, or $14,300. No other BS fees of course. Gerald expects them to start arriving in February.

WantAnFJR said:
OTD price is $14,299 and as always, they will be glad to pick you up at the airport!
$14,299 OTD, meaning your local tax & registration will be extra, correct?

Are bag liners included? It's been 10 years since I bought my bike, didn't know if they were still included. See they're a $100 accessory otherwise. At times I wished they had a top-loading design for the panniers.

Also, anyone check on what the Yamaha ext. warranty on a '13 goes for?

$14,299 OTD, meaning your local tax & registration will be extra, correct?
Each state and locality is different....that's assumed.....so yes.

Are bag liners included? It's been 10 years since I bought my bike, didn't know if they were still included. See they're a $100 accessory otherwise. At times I wished they had a top-loading design for the panniers.

Still answered in the New Owners Read This section. #26 and #16.

Last edited by a moderator:

Still answered in the New Owners Read This section. #26 and #16.
Seeing as that was in '05, wasn't sure if it was relevant today. If D&H still sells the 48mo. YES for $390, thats cheap insurance.

Seeing as that was in '05, wasn't sure if it was relevant today. If D&H still sells the 48mo. YES for $390, thats cheap insurance.
The orignal post was then, but it (and other FAQ threads) are regularly updated. If it's not for some reason....you should post up and get it corrected.

I wonder how they do on trades....
D&H doesn't really take trades. You should call them, of course, but their deal is typically new bikes, accessories, and shop work. If they'd taken trades 6 months ago I would have bought from them myself. Good folks.

I wonder how they do on trades....
D&H doesn't really take trades. You should call them, of course, but their deal is typically new bikes, accessories, and shop work. If they'd taken trades 6 months ago I would have bought from them myself. Good folks.
Rats. That kind of kills the "drive the 2008 down and the 2013 back" idea... Just another flimsy (but I'll take it) reason to not rush out and buy one right this second.

Word of warning about D&H...

a few years ago I gave them a 500 deposit for a new 08. Spoke with Gerald on the phone fist and he said "if you had to cancel we would only charge like 100 bucks". Well I did have to cancel, my Mother went into the hospital with a heart attack, just decided it wasn't the right time to buy a new bike with the potential expenses possibly coming...

Next, D&H just ignores my calls, they don't tell me the deposit could be transferred to another buyer, and Gerald says he never said anything about 100 only to me on the phone.

Word to the wise, if you think there may be something that could come up and you have to cancel... make sure it's perfectly clear with them on the phone, maybe even get it in writing, of what happens.

They basically ignored me until the check cleared then more or less said FU.

thats a little cheaper that the Cali price i paid yesterday.......oh well.

R
Perhaps, but unless D & H is carrying CA model FJRs (or Yamaha is now marketing only a 50-state model with the 2013 model year), they're out of the running for new purchases to be registered in California anyway... ;)