" Smartire" System Review.....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bostonfan2

Reaction score
After a couple of tire deflations on trips I started getting paronoid about tire

pressure and decided to give the Smartire system a try. The sensors are held by

a strap on the rim and transmit tire temp, pressure, and difference from cold pressure, to a waterproof, backlit display unit. In there ad they use a FJR and show

the display mounted above the speedo, IMHO not smart. You need to press the button to have the display toggle the info and reaching up there to me was not as

safe as what is shown in my pics here: https://www.rpmrecording.com/pictures.htm

I had It installed when I was due for a tire change, the mechanic had never put

one in but said the instructions were very good and its a one hour job. So far the

system works excellent, If you are going past 6 mph you get current readings,

if your stopped youll see the last one recieved, one button push will give you all the info for both tires. some readings ive seen are cold temp of 90 at 41 p.s.i.

after twisties 134 degrees at 47 p.s.i. ( Rear new Avon) price was 195.00

Ray

I have the system installed on my bike as well. Love the peace of mind that it provides. I put my receiver up on the clutch master cover. I'll probably crash while looking at all the gauges I have now, but I'll crash with air in my tires. :)

i hate checking my air, but at the same time i used to worry about it. when i have to call on my rubber for maximum traction and performance i want to know it's there. i had smart tire installed about 18000km ago. i'm so happy with it i invested in the company. currently $0.12

derek