C B radio Antenna

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indiojoe

Reaction score
I'm going to try to install a J&M CB on my 2006 fjr myself. I'm going to use a 36"" license plate bracket mounted antenna . I use a Yamaha Top Box. The bracket I was supplied appears to requires the antenna to be on the right side of the bike. (this is looking at it while standing behind the bike). My question is does it make a difference if it is mounted on the Right or Left side of the license plate?

I will be going to the Park City meet. Having not used a CB in a while, is there a preferred channel fjr riders use? Or maybe there should be!

Thank s for your help. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I'm going to try to install a J&M CB on my 2006 fjr myself. I'm going to use a 36"" license plate bracket mounted antenna . I use a Yamaha Top Box. The bracket I was supplied appears to requires the antenna to be on the right side of the bike. (this is looking at it while standing behind the bike). My question is does it make a difference if it is mounted on the Right or Left side of the license plate? I will be going to the Park City meet. Having not used a CB in a while, is there a preferred channel fjr riders use? Or maybe there should be!

Thank s for your help. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
I do not personally know but I bet tehy would know at the CB Radio Talk Forum.

Here is how I mounted mine when I'm using a trunk.

IMG_1477-1.jpg

IMG_1474-1.jpg

IMG_1471-1.jpg

This is how I mounted a CB antenna on my 05. The antenna was from a truck stop. I plan on doing something similar on my 07:

AntRearViewSmall.jpg
AntSideviewSmall.jpg

PS I read somewhere that it is recommended to keep the antenna at least 18" from the passenger or rider. Something about the SWR deteriorating. Best of luck.

Last edited by a moderator: