The domino effect

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gr8eyes

Reaction score
Ok, here's the deal. I need some advice from this knowledgeable community. I was presented with an early fathers day present last Tues in the form of an 07 FJR. Having put on some miles there are some farkles that have dominoed from the abrupt throttle response so eloquently described elsewhere on this forum.

So I collect my thoughts and decided to try the G2 Ergonomic throttle cam. The bike came with a throttlemeister. I then decided to change out the grips because I have rather large hands. So, I can't make up my mind whether to go with the BMW Sportgrips or the grip puppies over stock grips. Then I thought well I may as well do the heated grip thing. So dual stars, Yamaha what else is available? This has led to the thought that maybe I need some kind of fuse box in case I want heated clothing at a future date or other electrical goodies. But what type of fuse block?

So my real question does anyone have heated grips,grip puppies, G2 Throttle cam and a throttlemeister all hooked up together, if not does anyone see why this wouldn't all work.???

See what that stupid abrupt throttle has led to.LOL

Glenn

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ride it through the summer and don't forget to invite the wife occasionally. :) I plan to add several of the things you mentioned this winter IF it gets cold enough to park it for a little while. Adding one thing leads to another, and another, and another. . . "farkelitis" is another word for it.

David

I have the Honda heated grips, G2 and Madcorider Camlocks and they all get along. I haven't put back on the grip puppies yet but I see no reason they won't fit.

Cary

I have an 05FJR non-ABS w/heated grips. No G2 Ergonomic throttle cam for me but I've installed Grip Puppies and this weekend will be adding Throttlemeister. I'll try to post a pic.

I have rather large hands. Glenn
All I can say is I congratulate you on that. ;)

But seriously... them BMW sport grips??? Thinkin' I shoulda' saved my time & buying the grip glue to put mine on. Sorry, no other input past that. Good luck w/ your quest for info.

Heidi

"farkelitis"
I believe that would translate to "Farkle Inflammation". :glare:

Hyper-farklism would be more suiting for the description. :D

Of course Hypo-farklism would be the lack of farkles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, here's the deal. I need some advice from this knowledgeable community. I was presented with an early fathers day present last Tues in the form of an 07 FJR. Having put on some miles there are some farkles that have dominoed from the abrupt throttle response so eloquently described elsewhere on this forum.
So I collect my thoughts and decided to try the G2 Ergonomic throttle cam. The bike came with a throttlemeister. I then decided to change out the grips because I have rather large hands. So, I can't make up my mind whether to go with the BMW Sportgrips or the grip puppies over stock grips. Then I thought well I may as well do the heated grip thing. So dual stars, Yamaha what else is available? This has led to the thought that maybe I need some kind of fuse box in case I want heated clothing at a future date or other electrical goodies. But what type of fuse block?

So my real question does anyone have heated grips,grip puppies, G2 Throttle cam and a throttlemeister all hooked up together, if not does anyone see why this wouldn't all work.???

See what that stupid abrupt throttle has led to.LOL

Glenn

Have everything you mentioned except the throttlemeister. Yes everything would work. I will be adding the throttlemeister shortly. None of the other additions affect the throttlemeister mounting as far as I can tell. Have used throttlemeisters previously on a FZ1 and SV650 and see no problems on the FJR. Be aware the grip puppoes give you a completely different feel, much larger grip then I initially expected

Thanks guys, the grip puppies will not be too big. I've got everything in, i'm going to radio shack to get all the things Warchild recommends for installing a barrier strip but its a bit complicated looking. I'm not an electrician LOL

Here are some pics of my recent farkles I did over the weekend: Grip Puppies, Throttlemeister, Tankslapper, and Second Look half tank skin.

000_0013.jpg

000_0010.jpg

000_0009.jpg

My first farkle post so no giggling...

Grip Puppies - Stupid me I couldn't wait to put these on so I did while waiting on Throttlemeister delivery. Had some trouble getting them on but trick is to use A LOT of soap. More soap than water. Thought for a minute that they shipped me the wrong size but was assured it was correct. Got them on and noticed my hands don't get tired as quickly. Like many say it changes your grip and distance to levers so it takes some getting use to, especially for me since I have small hands.

Throttlemeister - Should have installed these prior to grip puppies b/c you have to roll back grip on right side to put the rubber friction 'plate'...DOH. I have OEM heated grips and it was a pain to get the grip to roll back b/c of the heating elements, at least that's what I think they are. Nonetheless I just broke the tips, cleaned all the frick'n glue at the end and was in business. Paid some bucks for the TM but don't they look kewl? :rolleyes: I'm also hoping they are functional! I'll admit it takes some tweaking and still working at the precesion but I think this will work for me. I've seen other threads about the TM slipping and experienced the same myself. I'll have to go back through the instructions and the thread to make sure I've done everything right. GP & TM combination does help. I don't notice the numbness/soarness as much but I take short trips (200 miles max)

Tankslapper (tank bag kit) wasn't hard to install, but I couldn't get some small bubbles out. Drove me crazy so I tried a second time and still same result. My buddy says I'm just a perfectionist so I'll let it go.

Second Look half tank skin - I think looks pretty sharp. Several alternatives out there to choose from but I just preferred the look of their product.

Hope this helps and thanks once again to all the forum members for your Jedi wisdom. The FJR is my first bike and I'm still stunned at the wealth of knowledge found in this forum and member sites. You guys rock.

What was the part number on the second look tank "skin"? I looked at their web site and it seems to indicate that their tank covers are blue or somesuch. Also, where did you get yours? Direct from them? any linkies?

TIA,

What was the part number on the second look tank "skin"? I looked at their web site and it seems to indicate that their tank covers are blue or somesuch. Also, where did you get yours? Direct from them? any linkies?
TIA,
Ran into similar issue when looking at Second Look's web site clicky so I called them directly and asked for material samples. Placed order over the phone. I went with the carbon fiber look which you can find the pic at their web site. I believe they are flexible on materials.

Honda heated grips, Grip puppies, G2, and Throttlemeister on my '07. They all play well together. I did have to use grip glue for the clutch side grip, and hairspray works excellent for installing grip puppies. Just soak the inside of the grip with hairspray and it slips right on slicker than snail snot. Dries a tad tacky too, so no worries about the grip puppies spinning.

You might want to shorten the grip puppies by 1/4" before you install them. Helps keep them clear of the throttlemeister and stops any dragging that may occur. The grip puppies trim easy with scissors.

Well guys I got the heated grip elements install over my G2 Ergonomic throttle sleave and grip puppies over that and throttlemiesters on. Everything is working perfect. well except I haven't figured out how to wire the grip heaters yet