Who has pics of your magnetic tank bag???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ELP_JC

Reaction score
I want a MEDIUM size magnetic tank bag. By medium I mean anything bigger than the Cortech supermini tankbag, which I already have (and will get rid of -strap version), and is too small. In addition, medium for me means it's NOT noticeable while riding. And yes, it's even better if it's expandable, since it provides for 'emergency' stashing, but as long as it's not noticeable in unexpanded position.

Oh, and I want the best value, since I don't have deep pockets < he he>. And will be only used on trips. And yes again: if it goes better with the bike's lines, all the better.

Thanks gang.

JC

Last edited by a moderator:
I want a MEDIUM size magnetic tank bag. By medium I mean anything bigger than the Cortech supermini tankbag, which I already have (and will get rid of -strap version), and is too small. In addition, medium for me means it's NOT noticeable while riding. And yes, it's even better if it's expandable, since it provides for 'emergency' stashing, but as long as it's not noticeable in unexpanded position. Oh, and I want the best value, since I don't have deep pockets < he he>. And will be only used on trips. And yes again: if it goes better with the bike's lines, all the better.

Thanks gang.

JC
How much are you gonna want for your supermini?

ahhh, not to hi jack this but ;) I have a magnetic super mini I'd like to sell :) only used twice, perfect brand new condition. PM me and we'll make a deal ;) thnx sorry again ;)

Andre, PM sent on my bag.

Thanks for all the suggestions folks. Looks like I can buy a very nice magnetic tank bag for about $60 (+ s/h). Can't believe how cheap they're now, but guess is all good for the consumer... but not that good for US workers :dribble: . Thanks again. Leaving on vacation for a week, so will be inactive for a while. Take care.

JC

I have this one from Cycle Gear. I have been very happy with it and it fits nice on the FJR.

Here's the only pic i can find with it on my bike:

DSC_2557.jpg

Was on vacation; sorry. Thanks for the replies folks; really appreciate it.

Will take the bike to the mountains to make sure it's a keeper (no severe stumbling, etc), then spend on the 'farkles'. Thanks again.

JC

Sorry, been away for a bit, I got the Yamaha one. Forget the exact name of it, got it 2 years ago, probably still around.

It's pretty good, has some good pockets. The one thing I might look for next is one with backpack straps, this one just has the shoulder one.

Magnetic, holds fine, fits fine. Expandable as well in case you buy stuff while your out.

296365294_394431a637.jpg

Fully loaded here....

375562312_d838840241.jpg

See, you can barely see it.... what a profile! :)

296363343_8816ab5ca7.jpg

Another vote for Rapid Transit. Good bag. Good quality. Reasonable price. It doesn't block the view of the gauges while riding. It follows the tank lines pretty well.

FJR_at_AdventureMotorsports.jpg

I have a Tourmaster Cortech, Mini-Magnetic tank bag...it's about 2x the size of the Super-Mini when expanded. Has a map window and a few pockets on the inside. I only use it during longer trips...the photos below were taken during a trip through the Alps...

Edit...Well, since posting pictures on this site is not working for me...follow the link if you want to view the images...

https://picasaweb.google.com/rentaroo/Alpin...676339242433106

Last edited:
I like the MARSEE 20 liter bag. It looks alot like the Euor Yamaha with a curved bottom to follow the tiank. Comes in Magnetic and strap-on!