2005 Spank Rally

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I signed up!

Nice to have a rally in my back yard :)

How many riders are expected?

tel

tel, where are you at? Your profile is lacking a location. Just curious after your "backyard" comment.

See you at Spank.

I'm in Orange County. I consider the coast to Las Vegas as my backyard. :D I'll be coming from Vegas (business trip) to Twentynine Palms, probably via Amboy, love the empty desert roads.

Looking forward to meeting a few more FJR riders also

tel

Once on Amboy Rd (between the town of Amboy and Twentynine Palms, about 48 miles total) be aware (especially at night) that Amboy Rd is quite possibly the worst paved road in SoCal. It's got a lot of ruts from the gravel trucks that traverse that stretch of road daily. It's very do-able at 75 or 80 MPH so long as you understand (and expect) that every now and then a rut just might "guide you" in a manner that you hadn't planned.

Just my 2 cents.

I live right in 29 Palms and have done the LV to 29 NUMEROUS times.

GunMD

I agree with you about the road from Amboy - always take it easy along there.

I haven't seen much about the Spank rally on other boards and wonder how it's filling up. How many riders is George hoping to get? Is there any chance of the rally being cancelled due to too few?

tel

Not at all! Just talked with George yesterday and he said the list of confirmed is growing and he's pulling together from VERY INTERESTING bonii.

Put a kabosh on the shaky vibe will you tel? It's hard to pull together new rallies and we should all lend as much positive energy to those that try as possible.

And for those of you who are in other parts of the country the weather is getting VERY nice in the desert southwest this time of year. I can't wait for Spank.

No negative vibe here. Really looking forward to the rally and was just wondering?

My guess is we won't hit one single drop of rain, period. :D

See you guys soon.

tel

And for those of you who are in other parts of the country the weather is getting VERY nice in the desert southwest this time of year. I can't wait for Spank.
Uh......yeah...........

Until that is, it is 3am in the morning and that fucktard rallymaster has you up on some 7000'+ moutain pass and its 25 freaking degrees out. :blink:

But I digress..........

Yeah, can't wait to be spanked! :haha:

Tel, et al.

The Spank Rally is ABSOLUTELY a go. 21 confirmed ( paid in full ) riders and many more app's in transit. No worries mang, this rally is in full swang!

This weekend I was hanging with an elite LD crowd and several folks, plus a 2-up couple, have given me verbals of their intent. The roster is getting very interesting with newbies, middlings, and hard-core vets.

Thing is, I've got the bonii so jam-packed and varied, anyone could win this thing. I've got "mind-messer's" for newbies and vets alike. I can't wait to see how the whole thing shakes out. Man this RM thing is hard work, but WAY FUN!

I don't expect any of you to give me much credit at this point, but the Spank enterprise has just begun, and already has big plans. In 10 years, will you have a rally shirt that says "Spank Inaugural Rally" on it?

George Z

VRM

PS: FJR-Forum exclusive rally hint: I left San Francisco last night at 2000 and arrived 15 miles from 29 Palms at 0245. Via which bonus? Via which route?

I got your via swingin'. You've been Spank'd. :yahoo:

Hey George:

Thanks for the update - sounds like this is the Rally to be part of. The one everyone will remember!! B)

My guess is you stopped in DV, gotta be a bonus location, gotta be! :)

Hope it's not Sequoia, dem roads are slow and real twisty, hard work at 2 in the morning!

Cya in 29P

tel

I am in, just sent the application in this morning for myself and a work buddy. My only previous rally experience has been with rallies where there is a "base route." It should be interesting to see how I do figuring out where to ride by myself.

UPDATE: Spank Rally packets have been sent to all registered participants via email. If you didn't get yours you need to contact the Rallymaster.

I can't wait! :D