SS1000 Statute of Limitations

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggjohn

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
A friend and I did a SS1000 in June 2006. We started in Longmont, CO, went north on I25, I90, and I94 to Laurel, MT. When we got to Laurel, the plan was to stop, rest, have a meal. But there was a nasty black thunderstorm to the west, and the rain was just starting to fall. So we got gas and a receipt, and hightailed it back to the east with that storm on our heels. We had to go east for a while before turning south. The thunderstorm was not constrained by the roads and took the diagonal. It chased us for almost 100 miles before we were able to escape it. We finally got our meal in Casper, WY. After that we fought the usual Wyoming winds until we got back to Colorado.

We did almost 1100 miles in about 19 hours. But when I got home I pulled together most of the paperwork and then never got around to completing it and sending it in. My friend did the same. Does anyone know if it too late to send it in?

John

Does anyone know if it too late to send it in?
Nope, not too late.

But.............(there's always the 'but')

Since it's so old I would make sure the documentation is beyond reproach - perfect. The only other issue could be your witnesses. Is there contact info still the same, and do they remember the event?

the only people that can answer that with authority are the IBA. their contact info is here.

since it would take that long to get the cert back (according to recent comments), it might not be unacceptable to send it in this late with good documentation and a prior okay from mike.

Thanks everyone. I guess I better dig through the pile on my desk and find that paperwork. But then the temperature is supposed to get into the high 60's tomorrow, so I can find that paperwork after I go for a ride.

John

No problem at all.

Just be sure your thermal receipts haven't faded and that as Skoot sez, your witness contacts are still current.

No worries.

GZ