'06 top box

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark G

Reaction score
Installed a Hepco & Becker rack and top box. Took about 15 minutes. Good quality rack and box, good locking mechanism, on and off quicker than the factory bags. put the accessory back pad on it for my wife. Two helmets fit fine. I can't figure out how to post pix; apparently I can't upload them from my computer, and I don't know how to do anything else.

It's BIG...the biggest one they have. The rack is black, as is the box. The box is a pebbly kind of plastic finish, so I don't think it can be painted. H and B make the same model with a smooth panel in the top which can be painted.

The box has almost as much room as my Goldwing trunk.

I've never had a Givi, but I've seen them in stores, and this appears to be better made. Plus, it's available.

I bought mine from the U.S. distributor, eurotech.com. Easy to deal with, did exactly what he said he would do.

Total price, delivered, was $454.

I understand the color coordinated Yamabox won't hold two helmets.

I took pix, so if someone can help me, I'll put 'em up.

The FJR makes the Goldwing look like...like it has fender skirts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark,

Could you provide link(s) or part #s to what you EXACTLY got??? I am in the market for a top case for my coming FJR1300AE.

Best Regards,

Shane

Let's see if this pix deal works, hopefully this will pop thumbnails:

The case is the Hepco & Becker "Journey Topcase TC50", but any of the "Journey" topcases should work with the rack. The rack is 2006-FJR-specific. I'm sorry, I dunno where I put the receipt, so I don't have the part numbers handy. Go to

https://www.eurotechmotorsports.com/ which is the U.S. distributor. I dealt with Chris Canterbury, who couldn't have been nicer.

If you look at the Journey topcase line, the red strip across the back is simply a reflector, it's not a light.

Best feature of the case is it comes off in two seconds.

Well, four or five.

I'll report on pillion comfort when my wife returns to town.

Thanks - I'll call him tomorrow and place the order!
Best Regards,

Shane
If you use the bike two up a lot, you might want to wait until She Who Must Be Obeyed returns and test rides the thing. I sat on the pillion, and thought it pushed me too far forward, but i'm a lot bigger than SWMBO. If you don't have a pillion, pass on the accessory back pad.

Thanks - I'll call him tomorrow and place the order!
Best Regards,

Shane
If you use the bike two up a lot, you might want to wait until She Who Must Be Obeyed returns and test rides the thing. I sat on the pillion, and thought it pushed me too far forward, but i'm a lot bigger than SWMBO. If you don't have a pillion, pass on the accessory back pad.
Mark,

I'll be passing on the backrest as the FJR will be for single up riding.

When I ride with my daughter, we will be using the GL1800.

I appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

Best Regards,

Shane

Installed a Hepco & Becker rack and top box. Took about 15 minutes. Good quality rack and box, good locking mechanism, on and off quicker than the factory bags. put the accessory back pad on it for my wife. Two helmets fit fine. I can't figure out how to post pix; apparently I can't upload them from my computer, and I don't know how to do anything else.
It's BIG...the biggest one they have. The rack is black, as is the box. The box is a pebbly kind of plastic finish, so I don't think it can be painted. H and B make the same model with a smooth panel in the top which can be painted.

The box has almost as much room as my Goldwing trunk.

I've never had a Givi, but I've seen them in stores, and this appears to be better made. Plus, it's available.

I bought mine from the U.S. distributor, eurotech.com. Easy to deal with, did exactly what he said he would do.

Total price, delivered, was $454.

I understand the color coordinated Yamabox won't hold two helmets.

I took pix, so if someone can help me, I'll put 'em up.

The FJR makes the Goldwing look like...like it has fender skirts.
I took your advice and ordered the Hepco Becker setup. Since all of the instructions are in German, maybe you can answer a question for me. Do you have to drill out the front two mounting holes for the bracket to fit? Either I have the wrong bracket or the two front holes have to be widened. The FJR is an '06.

Thanks,

Burk

I sat on the pillion, and thought it pushed me too far forward, but i'm a lot bigger than SWMBO.

Mark: on your mounting bracket, shorten the rear spacer and/or install spacers under the front, I had the same problem with my Yamaha Top Box. Tilted it back a bit, which moved the backrest back a couple inches, made it a lot more comfortable for SWMBO.

I took your advice and ordered the Hepco Becker setup. Since all of the instructions are in German, maybe you can answer a question for me. Do you have to drill out the front two mounting holes for the bracket to fit? Either I have the wrong bracket or the two front holes have to be widened. The FJR is an '06.
Thanks,

Burk
How did you resolve this, Burk? Did you have to drill anything to mount the H-B rack? I'm planning on ordering this rack and topcase soon.

John

Thanks,

Burk
How did you resolve this, Burk? Did you have to drill anything to mount the H-B rack? I'm planning on ordering this rack and topcase soon.

John
bump