Oxtar Matrix

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carnifex

Ka-Chow!
Reaction score
So my B-day was yesterday and I got two decent motorbike presents - a Joe Rocket Meteor jacket and a pair of Oxtar Matrix Boots. (side note, both came from NewEnough, and I had an excellent experience there.)

I know a lot of people like to Matrix boots, and they seem to be of great quality, but the first comment from my wife after I put them on was, "Wow, they're a little girly". Maybe it's because I have small feet, or maybe it's the pointy toes. Or it could be that I just put them on with my shorts, but they do seem a little.. you know.

I'm sure they're great for riding though.. hopefully in a few weeks I'll get to find out..

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had a pair of Oxtar Matrix boots for a couple of years now and love them. They keep your feet dry in the rain and they're very comfortable. I wear them when I ride to work and can wear them all day with no problems.

Carnifex, I use the Matrix's - and you'll love them.

Feet stay dry in dem !!

And your wife was just jealous - you might want to get her a pair too - I'm not sure, but they may come with 4" spike heels. :D

I've been wearing the Matrix now for about 3 years and won't ride without them. As stated, very comfy and keep your feet dry. Comfy enough that I've hiked 7 miles up and down some pretty nasty stuff. No problems.

Mike

just had the local guy resole mine and hope to get a few more seasons out of them. best boots i have worn.

I don't know if they're girly or a bit nerdy. When I wear them I feel like I should have a communicator attached to my belt and quote Kirk.

"Bones. They may be waterproof, but I can't catch hot green chicks with them."

I think they're butter. There is serious ankle protection, but plenty of flex for a shift. The tapered effect of the boot may look gay, but if give you very good pedal and shifter feel. I seem to forget to take them off at work and wear them all day in the office. I've also done the mini-hike in them in 100 degree Utah 1088 and wouldn't want to scale a mountain in the rain with them, but fine for walking.

So my B-day was yesterday and I got...a pair of Oxtar Matrix Boots...I'm sure they're great for riding though.. hopefully in a few weeks I'll get to find out..
How do the boots fit your bionic ankle? I've done almost the same thing to my ankle and ended up with a lot of hardware too. I found the Matrix pressed on some of the bits and pieces in a most excruciating way :eek: I ended up with Gaerne boots (almost exactly the same as Matirx) to get hardware relief. Sitting down the Matrix felt like house shoes but it only took a couple of steps to realize that they weren't gonna make it.

OK, I now own two pairs of Oxtar boots; Infinity (dual sport style) which are are taller than Matrix and use adjustable ski boot style cam closures -and- the topic Matrix.

Why two Oxtars? For the last, well 25 years (!) I've used a pair of Bates Road Racing boots which are glove soft and quite tall meant to be worn over leather road racing style pants. Actually these are quite comfortable under long jeans (or my preference) jeans-cut leather pants. For touring use on my old 1st gen Yammie Venture Royale, I opted for Justin wellington style boots with rubber soles and retained the Bates boots primarily for romps on my FJ1200.

OK, recently I concluded that newer boot design technology combines light weight with superior protection to those old boots. Late last year at a local dealer open house, I bought the Infinity boots but found them to be too stiff to "feel" smooth gear shifts. Just last weekend, that dealer had another open house with more "deals" including 20% off Oxtar boots. I went home with a pair of Matrix and so far find them to be quite comfortable as others have stated. Although I'd prefer the leather "flaps" to lie flatter than velcro closures allow, I don't expect problems with weather protection or comfort. At $160 net + tax, I'm happy with with my purchase.

I've got the Matrix too and they're comfortable, waterproof, and yes, friggin' goofy looking! Whomever (whoever?) made the Star Trek comment is right on!

I've had the Matrix boots for going on 2 years now, and they are functionally great. A bit stiff at first, but they get better. They are easy to get on and off, and because they are warm and dry, I find that I wear them during the winter when shovelling snow or just running around. Looks? Piffle!! They work.

I'll take the performance of the Matrix boots over any other consideration every time. I've had them for over two years now and they are absolutely the best boot I've found in the market place.