Garauld's Luggage Rack for the 06 !!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaitsdad

I'm confused - Just ask my Wife.
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Wonky has spent the last two weeks without her tailpiece because Garauld had it in New York. He used it to do the final fitment for his luggage rack.

I received her tailpiece and luggage rack this afternoon, and bolted them right up - (after I had my Mother's Day Honeydo list completed - :D - Gotta keep Momma happy !!)

Very Professional. Note the asynchronus spacers to accomodate the slope of the tailpiece. Slick.

Paint is beautiful - Garauld told me it was "slightly off" - buy my old eyes can't see it - and besides, I don't think my tail bag can see it either.

So - those of you who have been waiting for one of these - the wait is over !! PM Garauld to discuss ordering.

69372637-M.jpg

69372640-M.jpg

69372645-M.jpg

69372648-M.jpg

69372652-M.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaitsdad,

That looks great! Gary is in the process of making me up one as we speak, along with a set of light brackets for some Hella FF-50's. Hopefully he will have it done for our trip to Nova Scotia at the end of June. The only downside to the whole thing is that the more room for luggage, the more pairs of shoes Michelle packs.... I may be starting to catch you on the Farkling: Blue Sea fuse block, Skyway sliders, man horns off Randy's harness, helmet guardians, Passport detector on Ram, Sirius on Techmount, Luma foot peg disc lock, Starcom, empty checkbook......

Kaitsdad,That looks great! Gary is in the process of making me up one as we speak, along with a set of light brackets for some Hella FF-50's. Hopefully he will have it done for our trip to Nova Scotia at the end of June. The only downside to the whole thing is that the more room for luggage, the more pairs of shoes Michelle packs.... I may be starting to catch you on the Farkling: Blue Sea fuse block, Skyway sliders, man horns off Randy's harness, helmet guardians, Passport detector on Ram, Sirius on Techmount, Luma foot peg disc lock, Starcom, empty checkbook......
Axeman, you are way ahead of me on the farkling - I've got lots of stuff BUT I STILL HAVE TO INSTALL IT!!!

And I copy you on the empty checkbook. 10-4. Affirmative. Big Time. Yep - I concurr.

You're gonna like the rack.

Cool! I just ordered one for my '05 with the removable backrest. I'm looking at the new Tbag (rigid foam, rectangular jobbie) to put atop the rack.

Cool! I just ordered one for my '05 with the removable backrest. I'm looking at the new Tbag (rigid foam, rectangular jobbie) to put atop the rack.

And que possible, a link, perhaps? I would certainly like to take a look at that bag - Wonky has been asking for one !!

And que possible, a link, perhaps? I would certainly like to take a look at that bag - Wonky has been asking for one !!
I'm looking now... stand by...

Link 1

Link 2

The 2nd might be a bit much for us, but the 1st one will carry your Heinies in chilled splendor, too!

Daaaaang, that boy do some good work. THAT is american craftsmanship.

I'm looking now... stand by...

Link 1

Link 2

The 2nd might be a bit much for us, but the 1st one will carry your Heinies in chilled splendor, too!

Very Interesting !!

Hmmmm.......

I'm thinking a pony keg with the appropriate drinking tube -

but according to the pictures, doesn't this mean we have to change to :dribble: Harley Davidson bikes? :dribble:

Nah, HD is optional. Actually, I eyeballed this puppy in Long Beach at the mc show last year. Very well made and in combo with the side bags, it looks to provide a weeks worth of gear storage for those longer trips. A day if you bring your pillion and her shoes... :D

+1 Of course for an 04 in my case. Don't need no stinkin blue.

Will have to check out that Tbag.

That's great new! The bikes... I mean racks have hit U.S. Shores! :D

Hey G wheres my "special order" (I asked for a few mods to the rack) :)

No really take your time. I own an FJR, I'm used to waiting :lol:

G looks great BTW

One thing I noticed. this rack doesn't have the holes in plates on the sides like the ealier rack picks. Did you feel they were not needed for structure stability?

[One thing I noticed. this rack doesn't have the holes in plates on the sides like the ealier rack picks. Did you feel they were not needed for structure stability?
It's pretty solid - ask kaitsdad. I'm still finalizing the design based on feedback from our special test riders :blink:

I'm working on the other racks as fast as my lil' tig welder can weld.... :)