06 Mirriors

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airboss

Reaction score
I'm tired of looking at my elbows, but like the design of the 06s mirriors. What are the chances of someone making a spacer to mount under the 06s mirrior stalk to push the mirror out and up a little. A constructor I am not, need help on this one.

I'm tired of looking at my elbows, but like the design of the 06s mirriors. What are the chances of someone making a spacer to mount under the 06s mirrior stalk to push the mirror out and up a little. A constructor I am not, need help on this one.
I'm sure its all doable. Probably an inch would be about right. Too much might cause them to vibrate or something. My right mirror already has some vibration to it. I do agree that they need to be out further. I have the same problem.

I think the extended mirrors would vibrate too much. Won't be much help if you still can't see out of them. I get vibration from the right mirror now....anyone know why or how to correct this? Try adjusting the mirrors to more positions. I'm 5'11" and have no problem with the view.

I think the extended mirrors would vibrate too much. Won't be much help if you still can't see out of them. I get vibration from the right mirror now....anyone know why or how to correct this? Try adjusting the mirrors to more positions. I'm 5'11" and have no problem with the view.
My right one vibrates too. I've had it completely off, and added another washer on the stud - tightened it up good and it still vibrates. The left does not at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

My right one vibrates too. I've had it completely off, and added another washer on the stud - tightened it up good and it still vibrates. The left does not at all.

My right side mirror vibrates as well, but the left is rock solid.

I'm seeing a trend...if we all notify Yamaha, they may issue a fix. My left mirror is solid, right mirror vibrates.

I have the complete opposite problem. My left mirror vibrates and the right is solid...I guess there's one in every crowd. Maybe my mirrors are reversed.... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the complete opposite problem. My left mirror vibrates and the right is solid...I guess there's one in every crowd. Maybe my mirrors are reversed.... :)
You don't have a European version with the trottle on the left, do you? :D

I figured we had a trend going that must be related to the throttle being on the side with the vibration.

Read this post yesterday evening, but just noticed today that the right mirror vibrates much more than the left.

On my ride the left mirror was solid except for a brief time between 3000-3500 RPM the view gets fuzzy but it clears. On the right it is sold but the image blurs above 100mph in 5th.otherwise they work great. I see a lot of elbow. 6'2"

Better mirrors than I've ever had on a motorcycle. I'm keeping them. Try a V-Twin sometime. No whining from me.