Brodie's Ignition Harness and Relay

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
Believe in Karma, anyone?

Brodie PM's me, out of the blue, he's passing through Central Kali for southward destinations.

Would I like one of his ignition switch relay harnesses?

Well, yes, I would!

A phone call or two later, and ol' long legged galut Brodie is at the Hondarosa.

When I say his harness quality is EXCELLENT, believe me. Truly first class.

So I bought ol' long legged galut Brodie a nice lunch at the local steak house, padded his wallet with a few extra green backs, and he was off to southward destinations. He should be approaching his desintation in another 45 or so; he is soo kicked out of the CBA...

Turns out that Toecutter and I met Brodie 2 years ago at a Patriot Guard ride in Marina, CA. I honestly did not remember him, but at the time, Brodie was riding a Venture, trailer in tow, and Toe and I convinced him to convert to an FJR. Honestly, sorry Brodie, I didn't rememember you until you mentioned the boot story.

Ok, to the freakin point - if you are on the fence about purchashing/using one of his ignition relays, I strongly suggest you get off the fence and buy/install one. The quality of his harness is excellent, the relay is rated for 70 amps, the look is 'factory', even better.

pictures please
+1 and for us newer guys it would help to understand what exactly the Ignition Relay and Harness is for (I am assuming it is to run additional farkles) and also how we can get in touch with this Brodie guy.

The harness is intended to reroute power around the failing ignition switches using a relay instead of the ignition switch contacts. Brodie has made his harness plug 'n play with the stock FJR harness, no cut, strip, crimp or soldering needed.

Borrowed from Brodie Click the pic to link to the thread:

Last edited by a moderator:
I WANT ONE

WHERE DO I SEND THE MONEY??

Kirk

Brodie PM's me, out of the blue, he's passing through Central Kali for southward destinations.

Well, yes, I would!

A phone call or two later, and ol' long legged galut Brodie is at the Hondarosa.

So I bought ol' long legged galut Brodie a nice lunch at the local steak house, padded his wallet with a few extra green backs, and he was off to southward destinations. He should be approaching his desintation in another 45 or so; he is soo kicked out of the CBA...

Turns out that Toecutter and I met Brodie 2 years ago at a Patriot Guard ride in Marina, CA. I honestly did not remember him, but at the time, Brodie was riding a Venture, trailer in tow, and Toe and I convinced him to convert to an FJR. Honestly, sorry Brodie, I didn't rememember you until you mentioned the boot story.

Ok, to the freakin point - if you are on the fence about purchashing/using one of his ignition relays, I strongly suggest you get off the fence and buy/install one. The quality of his harness is excellent, the relay is rated for 70 amps, the look is 'factory', even better.

I WANT ONEWHERE DO I SEND THE MONEY??

Kirk

Well, yes, I would!

Clicky!

I should have posted over there..

Last edited by a moderator: