Customer with big feet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Size 12 W here, no problem. As posted above the shifter can be moved by the adjustment rod. Some with very large boots need to make the adjustment.

size 14,,,, watch which boots you wear !!!! Cant wear my steel toe work boots, will get mis-shifts. To much slop between boots sole and top. Also he might not have ankle flexability with higher lace up boots.

I now wear cycle specific style boots or gymshoes with no problems.

Seems your post might just be an ad to sell the bike. Request to email you might open door to a spam list

Last edited by a moderator:
First and foremost...tell him to come to the forum himself. We don't bite....much.

Size 14 here with and no problems. I did put peg lowering brackets on the bike and had to adjust the shifter as well as the brake.

No, the shifter thing was real. I did not ask the techs about it but thought it might be something that others had breeched. I am a dealer but just wanted to pass along a deal if someone needed one. I am not advertising this to the public but thought I might give a member a great buy. I will refrain from posting sales in the future if that is an issue. Sorry if I am out of line.

Stephen

I personally think the FJR doesn't have a restriction on boot's lenght, but height instead. My 46 boots look the same as a size 48, only longer. The problem is with tall boots, and that's when you need to adjust the shifter upwards, so the boot fits under the shifter without bending the ankle too much. That's why I always use low profile boots on my bikes. Those giant cruiser boots just don't cut it with a sport tourer, period. My favorite pair is Sidi Stradas, but there're many similar ones. Otherwise the adjustment of the lever is quite simple; only a matter of trial and error. Take care.

JC

If I had a size 14 foot and all that comes with it, I might not even be interested in riding anymore.

My riding boots are size 13. My steel-toed work boots are size 14. I don't have any problems with the shifter with either pair, and I've never adjusted it.

It sounds more like technique than shifter problems. Sure, I can't just slip my foot forward under the shifter but have to slide it under from the side, but that's what I've been doing on every bike I've ever owned. IF he had a previous bike, it may have had a heel & toe shifter and this is quite different. Maybe he needs an AE model? :D

I don't see what the problem is. The shifter adjusts closer or farther away with loosening either one bolt or two. Just look at the shifter & it should jump right out at yah. I had to do the adjustment to accomodate my riding boots so they would fit under the shift lever easily (about 1 3/4 years ago...).

[quote

My size 12's tend to angle down under the shifter, causing my big toe to rub the pavement on tight turns.

*1, I forgot about that, same here

Size 12'er here. Have the shifter adjusted down so as to help speed the upshift, and it keeps the shift knob away from my foot at rest. Only problem is the occasional false shift from not moving foot enough after shift completion, ie: go for next gear but unable to complete due to incomplete linkage reset after last shift. Only happens when I've come home from work, say, and changed from shoes to boots, or vice versa.