03 Turn signals (front)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cantlook

Reaction score
I'm sure this topic has been covered at some point but I couldn't locate it. I am not partial to the 03 front turn signals. I like the subsequent years styles. Anyone ever try these newer styles on there 03? Any other ideas for this type of mod?

Last edited by a moderator:
i couldn't stand the huge stock turn sigs either, so i replaced mine with smaller LED units (about $30). because they are LED, they are as bright, if not brighter, than the larger stock lights. they are white when off, but blink amber light when activated.

front-2.jpg

cantlook, there was a gentleman at EOM last year. He had painstakenly cut & fit blinker housings from a later year onto his '03. He also had his bike 1/2 Liquid Silver & 1/2 Cerulean Silver. He had done a great job. I have no pictures of it. Sorry.

Let me see if I can remember his forum name. His real name was Frank, I know that. I'll bet that he'd be glad to send you pictures.

Edited again: Nahhh, I don't think that it was either of the 2 people that I thought that it was. Neither of these guys have '03's.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with the newer style marker/turn signals on the '04-'05 is that they are molded into the fairing, not a "bole-on" as the 2003 version. And the fairings come pre-ainted. You could buy newer fairings (yes, they should bolt up) but.....

1) You might have to rewire the lights to match your pigtail.

2) You'd have to have the fairings repainted.

Thanks again for the info. I just ordered some from Bike Effects. I hope they can be wired so the running lights stay on. They look super simple to install and will be probably the best bang for the buck toward improving the look of the stock 'blinkers'.