04 or 06 FJR which one?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diesel6.6

Reaction score
Well I am inline for an 06 due in April, but in todays paper an 04 with 9500 miles with touring trunk came available. I talked to the guy and come to find out I know him and the bike. He will take $8200 for the bike. Right now, I'm leaning towards the used one because I can pay for the bike in full and I know it will do everything I would ever need.

Anyone have an opinoin?

If you are like me and $ does matter--get the 04--no note!! no brainer!! I love my 04 and it fits me just fine, I don't need the adjustable seat or handle bars--but some may and willing to pay the extra $ to get it. Does the 04 have Y.E.S.? if so, and a verified non ticker here's the cash, thank you very much--I'm out of here before he changes his mind! good luck!!

With that low mileage and in cherry condition, my money would go to the '04. The price is better than good. You will enjoy every mile whatever year you choose. Knowing it is fully paid for, that is nice too.

It'd be tough to justify the additional 5 - 6 Grand for essentially the same bike (plus a couple of farkles).

Since you're familiar with the previous owner you've eliminated two of the biggest issues I have with buying used which is:

1. How was the bike treated before I got it?

2. Am I buying a lemon?

That bike has already seen the big depreciation dip and will hold it's value well for the next few years. I wouldn't be surprised that if you decided to sell in 2 or 3 years you could probably get most of your money back.

Is the bike ABS?

The bike is not ABS. The bike was originally purchased by a Yamaha marine rep, whom I know, also he sold the bike to the current owner because he did not like it and went back to a Star cruiser. The current owner went back to a Harley wide glide, he has owned the bike about a year.

Anyway, I am now the current owner. The bike has two different Corbin seats and a backrest. I do not know if the Corbins will work out or not. I guess we'll have to get some seat time in to find out.

Hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of 04 owners :D .......now ride it like you stole it :rolleyes: ...and enjoy it :ph34r:

Frickin A...the '04 is a good one!! Enjoy, and dont let them blue bikes pass ya!!

Jay

'04 FJR 1300

p.s. great price! i paid $8650 for my '04 2 1/2 months ago. It had 2005 miles on it, plus a couple of extras thrown in.

Anyway, I am now the current owner. The bike has two different Corbin seats and a backrest. I do not know if the Corbins will work out or not. I guess we'll have to get some seat time in to find out.
Congrats on the new ride! I have a spare Corbin lying around my garage as well. I think that's what they do best, YMMV.

Boooo! Hissss! I would've gone for the '06! Wait, I did!

(Hey, there's no such thing as a silent minority, right? :D )

I loved my '04. If I hadn't been forced over a cliff on it I'd still own the slower gray bike :D . As it is, I'm forced to endure on my better blue one. ;)

Congratulations on your purchase, and the best part is: no more waiting! :haha:

Congrats. No doubt you made the right decision to go with the '04. Lighter, faster, better looking (IMHO) and cheaper.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like new, but I think the '04 was easily the best choice. Not to mention 2 Corbins & backrest & top case. Dang. Screaming good deal. Enjoy.

Corbin - I don't know if you're anywhere near Hollister, but if so, go to Corbin and they will modify the seat on-site, to your exact specifications. Since you're not the original purchaser you will be charged, but should be reasonable and well worth it. Then, sell the other one here in the "classified" or eBay. One other benefit of the Corbin, the fit is firm against the tank & has made the heat thing pretty much a non-issue.