04 Seat Question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yowser

Reaction score
I have seen FJR seats for the 03-05 years as two piece seats (rider and passenger), mine is a one piece. Why is this the case, is it because the seats (I have two) are from Corbin?

Typically, the FJR is broken into Gen I ('03-'05) and Gen II ('06-'07) (Don't know about '08). The seats changed in '06.

The stock seat for the 04 is two piece. Among others, Corbin sells a one piece saddle for the bike for about $500 (the "canyon dual sport"), however a pretty much identical seat is sold by Yamaha as an upgrade for around $400 for the 03-05 as the "FJR ergonomic seat". The only difference is that the tag on the back says "Yamaha" instead of "Corbin" (even the underside decals and the warantee all say Corbin). I suppose to be fair to Corbin you don't get to pick surfaces, piping colors, and all the other "custom" bells and whistles (the Yamaha version comes in basic black leather with what's called a carbon fiber texture, and has piping that I think Corbin calls "ghost gray"). Even better, you can find the same "Yamaha" seat at RideNow.com for under $240. I'm sure not the best seat out there, but for the price a substantial improvement over the stock IMO.