'05 before and after Corbin Smuggler trunk install

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TWILKIN650

Reaction score
Before:

IMG_4442.jpg

After:

IMG_4441.jpg

Looks good, but does TWN know you're using his hairpiece for a seat cover?
Pfffffft! I don't wear a piece. My night job is to warn ships of the rocky outcroppings here just off the coast! :****:

Does the bottom of the smuggler go all the way down to the plastic under the seat, or is there still room for something underneath it? That's where I currently have my Mixit2, and was wondering if I'd have to move it if I got one of these...

Groo, I'll check tonight or tomorrow night. I also want to scope out exactly how much room there is to run wires back to a Blue Seas box behind the Smuggler. As I said before, the Blue Seas box fits back under the rubber strap, but I'm not sure how much room there is under the Smuggler and along side it for wiring.

Heck, you may just have to ride up to my house to scope it out for yourself! :lol:

radman, I bet TWN's piece isn't held on by bungee cords at four corners. :D

Why are you guys all of a sudden thinking about my 'piece'? You all worry me very much... Bunch of 'mo's runnin' round here! :****:

Groo, I can't locate the photo of your Mixit2 you posted, but there's about 1/2-3/4" room under the trunk and still lots of room behind the trunk for boxes. The Blue Seas box fits under the strap in the tail section as many have done, with plenty of room to run wires to and from.

A Mixit2 is an audio mixer that lets you hear multiple audio input sources at the same time, as well as adjusting the volume. For instance, if you have an XM radio, and a Valentine Radar Detector, it will let you mix the audio from both, so that when the radar detector goes off, you can be alerted by the warning.