05 vs 06..will I need to change the seat and screen??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjr1300canuck

Reaction score
I am sure this has been asked before but I am looking for opinions. I used to own a 2005 FJR and like many others found it imperative to change to an aftermarket seat and windscreen.

Is this the case with the 06-07, or have the new seat and screen improved quite a bit??

It usually comes down to personal preference, but I know there are a lot of members here, including myself, that have or will be changing out the seat and the screen on their 06/07. Others feel that they don't need to.

I am sure this has been asked before but I am looking for opinions. I used to own a 2005 FJR and like many others found it imperative to change to an aftermarket seat and windscreen.
Is this the case with the 06-07, or have the new seat and screen improved quite a bit??

Last edited by a moderator:
IMHO, the stock seat on the 06/07 isn't any different butt wise. It is mildly adjustable (2 positions).

If you kept your 05 aftermarket it won't fit.

I don't mind the stock shield though I have put on a larger one for the colder months. As with most adjustibles, I'd prefer the stock one was about an inch lower but could rais an inch higher. If it did that, for me it'd be perfect.

-MD

New 07 screen -5 (Cee B installed considering V-Stream) New 07 seat -4 (New Russell ride-in this Tuesday 3-13-07)

No more to say!!!!!!

Lucky

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Everyone will have a different opinion. For me the seat is good for 700 mile days but the screen sucked big time. Even at full up (I'm 5'9" w/ 31" inseam) the bugs would hit me directly in the middle of the face shield. A higher and wider CB solved that problem as well as providing better protection in the colder months.

Good luck !

--G

I replaced the seat on my 06 with a corbin front saddle. I dont have any seat time on it yet so I cant tell you if I like it or not.