06/07 V-stream Version 2 is here

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fencer

Why yes, I am a Smart ASS
Reaction score
UPS just delivered The re-made V to me. and I just put it on the bike. I will go for a run after work on the morrow and report on that.

For now - with a re-make (stamped 4/6/07)I think the mounting srcew holes on the right side are still off by 1/8 of an inch. The shield mounted and the W went on but 3 screws are in at a slight angle.

The shield over the stocker is a +3 in height and a whopping +8 in width at the top. (4 per side) at the bottom it is a +1.

There may be a problem with it hitting the N-line shelf in the full down position. It has maybe 1/32 gap to touching outside corner of the shelf to outside edge of the shield when still. I have no doubt they will meet when in motion. I will need to find a piece of rubber to glue in place. It lifts off the shelf rapidly so may only be a prob if I don't disconnect the auto retract on the shield.

Here is to hoping for a short(er) day tomorrow and a ride report.

Mine was $136.50 shipped from U-motors

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine's supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Just in time for the rain to stop and we finally get a weekend with decent weather and I hope to get a fair number of miles with the V-Stream. :yahoo:

Ok. today was a nice 12 hours so, so much for the short day. Anyhoo. I hopped on to give a short test run.

In full down it will hit the N-line shelf. Not a prob for 99.999% of you.

Keep in mind I am 6'2. Scorpion EXO 400 helmet

Almost ALL back pressure is gone. Aprox 97% back-pressure free when full up. Tested to 85 mph. I look over the shield even when up.

I rode without earplugs and it was mostly quiet. I could actually hear the engine pretty clearly. If I ducked down about 4 inches with it full up approx 80 mph VERY quiet.

One Oddity through. As I moved my head to check my blind spot before changing lanes, If I turn to the left, still quiet, no wind. If I turn to the right, my helmet fall into the wind stream and heavy back pressure. I leaned further out to the left just to see if I was turning more to the right. nope, still quiet. It may or may-not affect a pillion who looks over the right shoulder of the driver.

The shield has a much larger bubble in the center over the stock shield. To lock my gps in the cradle with the stock or the Cal/sci I had to turn on the bike and raise the shield to use the key. Not so with the "V"

Full down wind flow is still pretty good in the face/ upper chest. prob as much as the stock, so I prob won't switch from summer to winter shields.

Over all a thumbs, up glad I have it, wish they were a year earlier though.

Between the stock, V , and the Cal/ Sci tall (+4) V is the winner, stock is second and the Cal/sci (with the hole in front) is a distant last. Sorry the Cal did not work at all for me.

As always YMMV, but it gets the Fencer seal of approval.

I think I will contact them on the holes still being off a fuzz. But IT DID MOUNT and it works. At least to 85 ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
So I received my V-Stream today. The install was super easy and everything fit just like the stock windscreen. Took her out for a quick ride about and everyting is much different. It's hard to explain, but it seems like the whole character of the bike has changed - the V-Stream looks nice on the bike, but from the rider's perspective it looks very large. I'm 6'4" and ride with the seat in the low position and the V-Stream provides a very quiet pocket of air in most all positions. I do notice a slight vacuum in the lowest setting, which increases as the shiled is raised, but even at the highest point, it doesn't seem too bad. I do find that I need to keep the helmet closed up or the new air flow pattern creates noise around the helmet - it's not really buffetting but more of a rattling of the shield. It is a strange sensation to have the air coming from the sides or behind which creates different chill zones than with the stock screen. I will put the stock screen back on for summer/warm weather riding. Unlike the stock screen, I don't get any clear air across my helmet or upper body in the lowest position. In general, I like it, but will continue to use the stock windscreen.

Just as a comparo of gen 1 vs gen 2 V-stream, I put it up againts Scab's this weekend.

Gen 2 is 1 in taller and 3 inches narrower(roughly, given the out,in,out shape of the V) than the gen 1 V. So it IS a new shield for the 06/7 years and not just redrilled mount holes. With the narrower width, it does not look as barn doorish as gen 1 Vs. IMO.

UPS just delivered The re-made V to me. and I just put it on the bike. I will go for a run after work on the morrow and report on that.
For now - with a re-make (stamped 4/6/07)I think the mounting srcew holes on the right side are still off by 1/8 of an inch. The shield mounted and the W went on but 3 screws are in at a slight angle.

The shield over the stocker is a +3 in height and a whopping +8 in width at the top. (4 per side) at the bottom it is a +1.

There may be a problem with it hitting the N-line shelf in the full down position. It has maybe 1/32 gap to touching outside corner of the shelf to outside edge of the shield when still. I have no doubt they will meet when in motion. I will need to find a piece of rubber to glue in place. It lifts off the shelf rapidly so may only be a prob if I don't disconnect the auto retract on the shield.

not sure where you got your measurements. National Cylce is claiming a height (straight up the middle) at 20.5 inches. stocker is 19.

Greygoose

not sure where you got your measurements. National Cylce is claiming a height (straight up the middle) at 20.5 inches. stocker is 19.

Greygoose
My measurements were simple. I place the stocker on top of the V and measured. The stock is 19 up the middle. The V is 22.25 up the middle.

More review can be found here