06 blue (and others) touch up paint source

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6mmbr

Reaction score
..No I didn't drop it.

www.colorrite.com is the source where the Yamaha dealers get their paint.

They now have the 06 cobalt Blue color available (code 996) as well as previous years.

You can buy it direct in touch-up quantities or quarts if needed.

For external use only - will cause cancer for people living in CA. :D

That's good because I thought not an 06! seems common with the FJR though.

Just the other day yesterday to be exact, I almost dropped mine.

Went to lean it over on it kick stand and low and behold it wasn't deployed.

Funny thing trying to keep 800lbs afloat. But since there was no grass in site, there was no way I was letting my baby touch payment.

Because I have had to let it land in the grass twice!

And I have to give my plug for Langka paint repair. This stuff is just freakin' awesome! I bought the clear coat repair and paint repair to pretty up my t-bird to sell it; made it look so pretty I'm thinking of keeping it. The paint chip repair definitely takes some 'finesse' and practice to get right, especially with scratches, as you pull the new paint out of the scratch if you rub too much. However, I eliminated a ton of nasty scratches, including a set on the tank caused when I picked up some iron-laden pebbles at a gas stop with my magnetic tank bag, and didn't notice they were between my magnet and my paint until I pulled off the bag at the next stop. Whoops. And the clear coat kit is phenominal; my old bike was sunset red, but after 57k the clear coat had enough swirl marks to make the paint look hazy and pink. I spent about 3 hours lightly sanding then polishing the clear coat, and it's back to a mirror shine. One of my riding buddies was truely amazed at how well it worked. I even used the clear coat polish (Step A) on my FJR fairing, as I had picked up some marks from my legs and thought they were scratches--polished everything right out and had it looking as good as the day I picked it up from the dealer.