' 06 Hand Guard install

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sliick2

Reaction score
Friends-I purchsed the "Kit" from Guru Glen ,did the clutch side -no problem. On to the brake side-Bolt

is Too long !(both came the same length) Can anybody please give me the correct part # so I can try to

get one today. I've gone through some of Warchilds posts & others ,but they are concerning the '03-'05.

Any help would be really Great. I'd rather not take the one that's installed off-would like to have both on.

Thanks in advance for your help. Sliick2

Same bolt both sides, thats why you don't see a different number. It works, just positions it a little differently. The length is needed due to the way the guard is molded, it just sits a little higher right than left. Once mounted, it's not noticible, neither in appearance nor function.

Same bolt both sides, thats why you don't see a different number. It works, just positions it a little differently. The length is needed due to the way the guard is molded, it just sits a little higher right than left. Once mounted, it's not noticible, neither in appearance nor function.
Hi Radman- Thanks for your note. So the way I understand it-the bolt on the brake side does not have

to run right down to the pivot (the hex portion). Some of the shouldered portion of the bolt sticks up-

maybe a 1/2" -correct?? Thanks again for your help. Sliick2

Friends-I purchsed the "Kit" from Guru Glen ,did the clutch side -no problem. On to the brake side-Boltis Too long !(both came the same length) Can anybody please give me the correct part # so I can try to

get one today. I've gone through some of Warchilds posts & others ,but they are concerning the '03-'05.

Any help would be really Great. I'd rather not take the one that's installed off-would like to have both on.

I sure would like to see some Pics after the install. I have been thinking that hand guards might be a good thing. At least in the winter. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Friends-I purchsed the "Kit" from Guru Glen ,did the clutch side -no problem. On to the brake side-Boltis Too long !(both came the same length) Can anybody please give me the correct part # so I can try to

Who is this Guru Glen and what is this kit you speak of?

Friends-I purchsed the "Kit" from Guru Glen ,did the clutch side -no problem. On to the brake side-Bolt

is Too long !(both came the same length) Can anybody please give me the correct part # so I can try to

I sure would like to see some Pics after the install. I have been thinking that hand guards might be a good thing. At least in the winter. Thanks
Hello,You can see the install on the FJRTech.com site.I can tell you it is worth the time and $ money(under $50.)

Go to the "Farkle"section on the "Tech" site,great pic's by Warchild. Sliick2 Good luck