06 Handlebar Risers;

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

painman

Reaction score
I search, looked everywhere I could and no info on 06 risers. Anybody have any ideas where to find a pair? PM. :huh:

For those looking for risers also, I've contacted Motorcycle Larry and he doesn't have the risers for the 06 yet. I'm still looking if anyone has info on a set would appreceiate a mail or info. Thanks, PM. <><

Dumb question, what do you need the risers for? Have you had the handlebars adjusted to their furthest back position? I'm 6'2" and have the bars back all the way and the seat at the highest position, and there is definitely no need for risers.

flyinlow, the bars for me need to come back some. Seems like those over 6'1'' have no problem. Reach is not sufficient and my physical condition lends me to risers also. PM. <><

Well at least you waited til after you got the bike to ask for the risers. Motorcycle accessories are not instantanious. It takes some time for these things to get built. Luckily we have people on these sites who do a very good job of designing accessories for the FJR.

Well at least you waited til after you got the bike to ask for the risers. Motorcycle accessories are not instantanious. It takes some time for these things to get built. Luckily we have people on these sites who do a very good job of designing accessories for the FJR.
I knew the first time I sat on the FJR at the CycleWorld Show I would be needing the risers. Just thought I would start the search now as I knew the parts would come in time. And +1 on the good folks on this board! PM. <>< :D

I knew the first time I sat on the FJR at the CycleWorld Show I would be needing the risers. Just thought I would start the search now as I knew the parts would come in time. And +1 on the good folks on this board! PM. <>< :D
Has anybody found risers for the 06 yet? Motorcycle larry is in need of time and parts for his and Heli still doesn't have a bike!!! Are there any available in Europe? Austrailia?

Has anybody found risers for the 06 yet? Motorcycle larry is in need of time and parts for his and Heli still doesn't have a bike!!! Are there any available in Europe? Austrailia?
Hang in there, they are on the way. Probably a week or two. There are some on the board who might have them and also you could try these guys. Shoot me a E-mail if you have any problems in a week or two. PM. <>< :D Clicky

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 6'2" and have the bars back all the way and the seat at the highest position, and there is definitely no need for risers.
I'm 6'2" as well. I have my seat in the low position, bars all the way back, and there seems to be too much weight falling on my hands. I'm thinking risers would be nice as well. I haven't tried to raise my seat yet as I figured that would transfer even more weight to my hands - but I sure would like to have a little less bend in the knees! Would love to know your experience with the bike since you are 6'2 also. ...I'm riding an '06.