'06 heat shield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EXPDSGT

Reaction score
I did the search and could not find anything.

I am interested if anyone has put the heat shield from an '06 that goes over the motor to cut down the heat to the gas tank on an '05 or older? If you have done it --- did you have any problems?

I have not tryed it, but it would not be cheap. Retails for $74. bucks... I have had a ton of 03-05 and a hand full of 06's apart. One thing is the rubber fillers on the 03-05 models would have to be removed. Those parts are made on the heat sheild of the 06. Not to toot my own horn, but I sell tank blankets of the 03-05 models.

Look in the vender forum or click here.. Good luck, Smitty

"Smitty's tank blanket"

You could probably get the OEM '06+ heat shield to work, but the guts up under there are a little different on the first generation bike. Might be a little interference up front under the T bar.

For the money (especially), I'd just get a tank blanket from Smitty and call it done. Or go to the local auto parts store, buy "The Insulator" or something similar and make your own, if you like to tinker.

You could probably get the OEM '06+ heat shield to work, but the guts up under there are a little different on the first generation bike. Might be a little interference up front under the T bar.
For the money (especially), I'd just get a tank blanket from Smitty and call it done. Or go to the local auto parts store, buy "The Insulator" or something similar and make your own, if you like to tinker.
+1........... Get Smitty's heat blanket!